won't start

dhi

Apr 28, 2010
Bought a blaster 2 weeks ago 4 75 bucks! Complete!! Guy said it wouldn't fire so I bought all the electrical boxes on ebay 4 $35 shipped! Now it got fie but only when I give it gas. If you take your thumb off it will quit firing. So I took the thumb control apart and just layed the little switch out of the way and know it fires all the time but still wont crank. I also looked in the carb and there was a reed in it. Got it out and made a homemade one out of a bank card and still nothing! I've tried to check compression but it won't read anything! It will go up to about 15 every now and then but will not hold or build up! Its also blowing air and gas out of the carb. Not much but a little. It feels and kicks like it has got compression but dont know! Would love to hear it run but dont know what else 2 do! Any advice would be great!!

Thanks alot! I am going 2 get sum anyway since I plan on fixing it. I unscrewed the oil filler plug and the oil on it was milky. I put my pinky on the gear in the hole and it was the same. It has been sitting awhile so could it be condensation(bought a boat that way) or something else? It is a 1988 and the guy I got it from said he was told it was a 240 if that matters.

So you think the bottem end is ok even with milky oil? I hope so 2 but 4 what i got in it dont really bother me if i have to rebuild the top end. I got it apart and just about got all the plastics redone. I'll post picks bout the rebuild soon! Thanks!!

that oil is for the transmission and stuff, drain it, and fill it with ATF type F. its cheaper than the stuff they recommend and it works great. just run it like that for a little bit, and then change it while its still warm after running it, that'll clean a lot of that stuff out. does it still have the oil injection on it? or do you have to mix your own fuel?