Won't start now???

cabowabosam

Jul 15, 2010
Columbia, MO
Hey all, hoping for a little help.

Blaster has been running fine all last summer, fall, winter and then this spring when I went to ride it, it seemed to bog out under throttle while driving. I assumed I might have picked up something in the carb and it was clogging the main jet, so I took it apart cleaned and reassembled, I am getting fuel and spark, at times when trying to start now it seems to backfire through the exhaust. I do not know the carb size yet, but feel very strongly that it is too big (will post pics and sizes later) I have been sitting here at work trying to think what the cause could be and wondered if the reeds could cause something like this? Just looking for ideas now, thanks ahead of time.

Blaster specs (that I know)
99 - said to have been bored but I doubt it
stock head pipe
open air box
power core II silencer
TORS removed
carb = unknown, inlet size about the size of a tennis ball

It is getting fuel (fresh) and spark, carb was in working condition prior to the spring. I know this is not a great deal of information for you guys, just hoping someone might be able to suggest something to check. I will get carb info up later for you all.

check the float height as if its out of whack it will cause some problems. you will need the specs to set it and the reeds could also cause problems so it wont hurt to check those also. have you tried a leakdown test it could be an airleak possibly. how does your air filter look?

IMG-20110413-00110.jpg

IMG-20110413-00111.jpg

IMG-20110413-00109.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this carb is? Only numbers I see stamped on it say "83" ?

Jets are 190/30

And the reeds look good, gonna try another plug and some new gas, if that all fails I have to wait until next Tues to be able to get a leak down tester. Thanks again for all the help.