Wondering if these oil are ok to run?

Geoffrey

Aug 1, 2016
Ok I know us newbs are annoying... sorry about that :). Ok so is it ok to run rotella conventional 15-w40 oil in my tranny? and for the engine is just some 10-w30 or 10-w40 standard motorcycle 2 stroke oil ok to mix with the gas for the engine? Should I mix it 32:1 or something different? Also with getting my top end rebuilt tomorrow( new piston) is there any break in that'll be needed? I live in a small town so only options are auto parts stores or walmart. Unless I order something for later. But I at least need something for tomorrow. Thanks everybody :)

The rotella or any straight SAE 10w-30 is fine for the tranny.

For the mix @ 32:1 you'll need a good 2 stroke oil for air cooled engines.
Yamalube or my choice Maxima Super M.

DO NOT mix anything else, like marine 2 stroke oil, weed eater oil, or any weight engine oil !

Grab yourself some Gear saver 80. As long as the oil is 'Wet clutch safe' you'll be ok.

Asking what type of pre mix to use 100x, you'll get 75 different answers. Yamalube is solid. I use castor 927. It's a bit more expensive, but I believe it to be the best on the market. 32:1

Break in procedure is maybe the 3rd most important step in owing your bike behind leakdown tests, and jetting accordingly.

4 heat cycles.

1st: start the bike and let it idle for 3-4 mins with a fan blowing on the motor. shut it off and let it cool completely.

2nd: Start it, idle for 2-3 mins while varying the amount of throttle. Then, take it out for a quick spin around the block without going over 1/4 throttle. Run through all 6 gears. Let it cool completely down.

3rd: repeat #2. But this time, run it to 1/2 throttle.

4: repeat #3. Take the bike to 3/4 throttle.

Break in procedure will vary from people almost as much as what pre mix to use. For the first tank of gas, take it easy on the bike. After that, ride it like you stole it.