• Wiseco

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Namura

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

blasterfinatic

Jun 20, 2013
Kentucky
My blaster just blew up and am going to bore it .60 over as it is already bored .40over. I'm wanting to know which piston is more reliable wiseco or namura? I have always used wiseco but was just looking at namura and it is cheaper but is it better? Also, namura pistons are high compression so would that give it more power? Thanks for any responses.

I cannot swallow that Namura pistons are higher compression than the Wisesco.

Cast pistons are usually lighter than forged and will allow a higher rev to be obtained, also cast pistons are very forgiving if warm up procedures are not strictly adhered to.

No matter which piston you choose you will gain no power from either of them.

I would choose cast over forged anytime.

Lubricate, jet correctly and provide a clean enviroment and a cast piston will serve you well.

My blaster just blew up and am going to bore it .60 over as it is already bored .40over. I'm wanting to know which piston is more reliable wiseco or namura? I have always used wiseco but was just looking at namura and it is cheaper but is it better? Also, namura pistons are high compression so would that give it more power? Thanks for any responses.

Can I ask where you are getting your information? Is this another attempt at trolling?

I cannot swallow that Namura pistons are higher compression than the Wisesco.

Cast pistons are usually lighter than forged and will allow a higher rev to be obtained, also cast pistons are very forgiving if warm up procedures are not strictly adhered to.

No matter which piston you choose you will gain no power from either of them.

I would choose cast over forged anytime.

Lubricate, jet correctly and provide a clean enviroment and a cast piston will serve you well.

Im going to try the namura and see what she does

Keep in mind the gap for a namura, comes with the instructions. is a different animal compared to a wiseco. wiseco has a looser gap. a namura has a tighter ring gap.

You likely know this, but thought, why not mention it.

I have both, one in each blaster. I think I like the cheap namura piston over the more costly wiseco.

from me experience i have had mild piston slap with a wiseco piston and my build lasted 39 hours before it blew up because i didn't not jet the carb properly. currently im running an off brand that looks like a namura on a Chinese cylinder kit . ill see how long it lasts and leave an edit tin the future.

Well, I bought the Wiseco. I can tell you I have had failures with them in the past, the ring pins coming out to be exact. If I could've found a better alternative, specifically SPI I would've went that route. I hope I'm not sorry, AGAIN. If the pins come out again I will be blasting Wiseco with everything I can, as this should never happen with any piston. My avatar pic is the engine it failed in and it wasn't cheap to renikasil my cylinder!

Well, I bought the Wiseco. I can tell you I have had failures with them in the past, the ring pins coming out to be exact. If I could've found a better alternative, specifically SPI I would've went that route. I hope I'm not sorry, AGAIN. If the pins come out again I will be blasting Wiseco with everything I can, as this should never happen with any piston. My avatar pic is the engine it failed in and it wasn't cheap to renikasil my cylinder!

I've had the same issues with wiseco pistons. Not all of them, just most of them. The ring locating pins work they're way out and destroy the top end. I use cast pistons now, unless someone requests a wiseco. Strong pistons mind you, but if a simple thing like locating pins come out, I'm not interested in using them. A bad batch perhaps?