wiring ?????

danstafford

Feb 1, 2012
I have a 89 blastiod what wire is the rear light and was thinking of led light. And can I ground it to the frame my harins was chopped when I bought it and all the ground wires are all twisted into one. A little info please thanks

Number three is the tailight L is blue and pos or hot. B or black is ground. i would be worried about the cluster of grounds it could be a source of excessive resistance through the circuit... may cause lots of other issues. i you want to tap into the frame for a ground for the light then i suggest using a multimeter on bare metal where you want to ground and back to the magneto end of grounds and check for resistance. it should be very low. if not you have to search for a better spot or related issue. now back to the cluster off grounds you should also check resistance through that circuit and even try voltage drop testing cause i pretty sure over time they will corrode and all sorts of issues are gonna start coming up.

Attachments

• blaster lighting.jpg
    blaster lighting.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 133
If you are going to solder the wires after they have been exposed to the elements for a while you need to give them a good clean before you heat them.

Soldering dirty wires can actually make the electrical connection worse, as the resin cored flux can coat the dirty wire and stop the solder reaching it.

The wire must be freshly cleaned copper.

Ok solves that problem what about an led light on the back of it and how many watt should I use

No need to be concerned about current draw with a LED unit, you will not overload the system.

The frame earth should be good enough, but if not you can run another wire.

Bear in mind that the Blasters electricals are AC, and you will need a LED unit with a rectifier on board to convert to DC current.

How bout a regular wallmart speical light just need something on the back of it so my friend don't run into me again

Ok cool ill get one today I'm just tired of my friend. He keeps hitting the back of my bike when we ride at night. I wana get a new light for the front what should I get I wana get rid of the stock and put a little brighter one on