Wiring question?

bbeers

Feb 21, 2008
When I bought my bike the ignition had been removed. From the wiring diagram I see that there's a black and black and white wire that went to the ignition switch. I'm having trouble figuring out where the black and white wire from the ignition plugs in to the wiring harness though. There are two black and white wires in the wiring harness that the ignition could plug in to. Is there any way I could talk somebody into taking a pic on their bike to show where the ignition black and white wire connects to the wiring harness?

I think I just answered my question above w/ a ohm meter and want to make sure I'm thinking right. All the black and whites tie together at some point which would match what's on the wire diagram so I think I'm good there. If you were to unplug the the two wires from the ignition switch and wire them together you should essentially have the same effect as turning the key on, right? So tying these two together would basically "hotwire" the bike, right?

Got another question for anyone out there. I think I have my wiring issues straightened out, but now I'm not getting a spark. According to the wire diagram the orange wire that connects to the coil ties to the black ground and the spark plug wire. Should I be able to get a reading from the plug wire? I'm trying to rule out a bad coil.

I dont know what you means orange black and plug wire tie together, that would be nuts. If you have no spark, more than likely it is either wiring (especially since you had to mess with it), or the TORS system. There is a sticky on eliminating your tors, you may want to try that by unplugging the connectors on the throttle, carb, and the brain under the hood (all similar connectors) and see if that solves it. Also your wiring with the removing of the switch may be a factor.

Thanks for all of your help. I was thinking about removing TORS to see if that mattered. I also found a way to use the meter to troubleshoot my coil so I'll try that too.