Winter riding!?!?

yamaha205205

Mar 3, 2010
Menasha, WI
Well winter i coming up soon here and i cant wait to ake my blaster out on the ice but im not sure if i hae to re jet my engine for the cold? my blasty is all stock except a rebiult motor if ihave to re jet it would would the jets have to be?

im also takin my blaster out in the snow and my dad says i have to rejet dare darek is ur motor stock yamaha 205205 what is ur jet now if it is a 230 it needs to go to a 240

and is it nessesary to have studded front tires?cuz i have two sets of rear i dont really want to purchase front ones if i dont have to.

depends this is my first winter with studed tires my dad had them before me and they work good on like a frozen lake with a small amount of snow they work better on ice then snow

ok well ill see about this year ill just gor with studded rear an yeah idk what stock jet is but i never messed with my jets

do you want to crash????

yes you need to stud the front tires!!! if not you will NEVER turn your studded rears will make you go straight and never turn!! you dont have to stud every lug on the front tires, just the center row and the line of lugs next to that, get 1/2'' studs for the front tires, that way there short enough to not go threw the tires and cause leaks, and take them out in spring

jetting yes if your bone stock even the air lid on than go to a 240 main, or toss the air box lid in the garbage and run a 250 main give the a/f screw a half turn richer and tear it up

iv always ran like 150ish studs per front tire and 250+ on the rears

i went ridin today without studed tires with ice on the ground and i STRONGLY suggest studed tires i was slidn all over the place!

yeah half the fun tell you pull what i did last year... sideways on my 84 200x with 18'' fast trekkers on the rear... 40 mph sideways on the river.. hit rough and chwed up ice and bam!! over i went, me sliding down the river on my back, and the trike sliding upside down right after me

jees today my cousin was doin cookies on a honda rincon 350 and tipped it over goin he said 20mph in doughnuts or whatever u call them and it took both of us to push it back over and there was a huge crack in the fenders