winter jetting

gears2

Jan 20, 2008
Pennsylvania
just wondering if you need to rejet in the winter, and if you do, how much? And also, have any of you guys run chains on you tires? how much do they help? Thanks

well i have never changed my jets in the winter, you shouldn't either unless it runs terrible, and i have never ever put chains on my tires, last year i just used my bubbles, they did ok, but they didnt hook very good until i went into 3rd or 4th gear, but my 300ex has razrs on it and they hook alot better, i have yet to try my razrs on the blaster, hope this helps

sweet! i also have razrs. My only concern is that i blew up my blaster last winter. The real reason was probably becasue i was trying to keep up with a banshee. I just thought that chains should help a lot. Dave from east coast told me freewheeling rpms are really bad for a two stroke. If anyone has used chains, tell me how they have worked. Would it be a good idea to to be in 1 higher gear than i should be in to put more of a load on the engine?
Thanks

Dont bother rejetting.Just watch ur plug and make sure its not running to lean.And if it is just back the air off and it should be fine.And as far as free wheeling rpms...as long as you are not taching the thing out it is fine.Just listen to your motor.And as far as chains go i would never put them on a blaster.Just get some studded tires and you should be all set.

ehh ill prolly put the air box lid back on and jet up a little bit, cause im not trying to be doing a plug check in the snow and what not lol ..

chains aren't a good idea on a 2 stroke. A friend of mine put them on his banshee and had one come loose, and it broke off his right rear fender. If you want more traction, studs or ice racing screws work good on ice and hard pack snow. Paddles work pretty good in the softer stuff.

if your runnin the right set up u shudnt need to jet it.. just make sure its tuned properly... i find the best way to do this is get it tickin over then put ur hand about 3inch away from the back pipe and if u can feel it puffin onto ur hand just tweek the air mixture screw until its constant...

as for chains... screw that its more fun without em

what do you guys think of using paddles for snow on streets and in fields? Would studded tires work good for this too? If any of you guys have paddles or studded tires that you would sell, i'd be interested