will t.o.r.s. affect idle

arrow7

Jun 2, 2010
If I remove the tors if it was bad could that possibly make my quad idle again?also, when I remove it do I just cap the wires (+,-) that feed the brain. What if my coil is going bad, could that affect the idle. I always thought when your coil was bad that it wouldnt start & run, and it does that just fine.:D:

If I remove the tors if it was bad could that possibly make my quad idle again?also, when I remove it do I just cap the wires (+,-) that feed the brain. What if my coil is going bad, could that affect the idle. I always thought when your coil was bad that it wouldnt start & run, and it does that just fine.:D:

a bad idle could jsut be a clogged pilot jet, have you took it out and cleaned it recently? on a stock carb you take out the main jet then stick a little flathead screw driver in there and unscrew the pilot jet that is up inside.

when i bought my blaster i had idling problems. the guy i bought it from only part way removed the tors and i finished removing it and now it idles. but there is a diy thread on tors removal

thanx for the good info. this makes sense because when i adjust it does not respond. whether its screwed in or out.

A weak stator coil or ignition coil could affect idle, you would need to test with a meter as per the manual. Smart money is still on the carb, so do that first.

ive got it broken down on the workbench right now. ill let u know