Will LTZ shocks bolt up front to long travel a-arms

nick20555

Living life 2 strokes at a time
Jun 23, 2014
Just outside Evansville, IN
I am about to go look at a kfx 400 for damn cheap and it has stage 4 elkas that he said were from his buddy's ltz. I know that the rear will bolt up just as easy as the 400ex to my blaster but I was wanting to know if the fronts will work with something such as ASR +3+1 long travels or any other long travel. They say they need a 16 1/4 shock for the asr long travel but the stock ltz shock is 16.88 inches. Anyone know if they will work?

I plan on swapping out the elkas and selling the quad for the same price and putting the elkas on the blaster if possible

i and many others have had problems with asr's hiem joints getting stiff and in real muddy conditions but they may have better ones now. there are other companys that have hiems joints u just have to get ones that use the same threads as the arms u r getting.

well I went to go look at the quad and it turns out that they are stage 3 not 4 and just the front 2, rear is stock. Although I still think its a good deal on the quad I don't think its worth the hassle for me to strip these elkas and buy some factory ones, then resell it for the price I bought it. I would be out the money for factory ones and I'd have to take the time to try and resell the quad. The quad has some nice things on it to make it worth a bit but when talking to the guy he doesn't seem to know anything about it so I think I'm just gonna pass and see if I can find a deal on some shocks down the road.