Will all quads go to fuel injection?

2006blasterboy

Nov 11, 2007
My friend just got the new grizzly 550fi. Really really cool!!!!!! I was wondering how would you richen and lean it out if you were to put a pipe on it or do some motor work???

for snowmobiles they make a computer called a boondocker that lets you adjust the amount of fuel

They make computer programmers for extensive adjustments but when your just adding bolt ons the stock computer will automatically adjust the fuel and spark. They also adjust for temps and elevation changes.

havent heard of 550fi
but for street bikes and such, the new wr/r or x dual sport bikes use a power commander for stuff like that.

Yeah, the whole point of EFI (electronic fuel injection) is that it changes your "jetting" (not really jetting because you no longer have a carb, injectors adjust accordingly) automagically. You don't need to change jets in a car. Once all quads are EFI, you can bolt on different sh*t and not have to worry about "jetting" any more!!

Eventually I would assume that most all new quads will come with EFI. EFI is better for emissions crap. The big race dirt bikes are now EFI, so quads will soon follow. Price tags won't be going down though.

And although EFI will be cool, no more jetting, maximized power, etc. we will be losing the best thing about our quads, KISS. All good things come to an end, right.