will 1999 cases fit 2003 engine?

Dec 29, 2014
The Netherlands
Yeserday I bought my second blaster, its a 2003 model (I wanted the new generation for a long time)
according to the previous owner (a lovely young lady) it had ignition problems and didn't spark. I was smart enough to believe that.
when checking it before buying i kicked the kickstarter and heard hissing, i thought a blown gasket orso,
I paid 600 euros for it,
when home i took the top of and discovered the piston was broken.
i took the jug off and could see the tiles trough the crankshaft :(

onto my question,
I have the engine from my older model (needs new top and bottom end probably gearbox too)

could i build everything from the new engine in the old cases?

dpweuv.jpg

PS sorry for my english i'm dutch

There are only 3 differences in all of the years of Blaster motors.

1. Very early motors had steel tubes pressed in between the fins. Didn't serve any purpose.
2. 88-02 had a 4 wire stator. 03 and newer had a 5 wire stator.
3. Sometime around 05 they eliminated the water pump location from the clutch cover. This is strictly cosmetic since the Blaster doesn't have a water pump.

There are only 3 differences in all of the years of Blaster motors.

1. Very early motors had steel tubes pressed in between the fins. Didn't serve any purpose.
2. 88-02 had a 4 wire stator. 03 and newer had a 5 wire stator.
3. Sometime around 05 they eliminated the water pump location from the clutch cover. This is strictly cosmetic since the Blaster doesn't have a water pump.
Also the 88's had different spindles. The had upper/lower pinch bolts.

I was just refering to the motors. There's lots of differences in the chassis between early and late.

Reactions: Fast6hand

They actually reduce the harmonics produced by the running engine. Or in other words quiet down the engine noises, because the cylinder doesn't "ring like a bell". The later cylinders used the rubber dampeners between the fins. I believe that the rubber dampeners do a better job.

I hate to beat a dead horse, but according to the parts finder all years of Blasters have the rubber dampeners.

ok tnx everyone, i will combine the 2 engines into 1 great engine and i'll try to (TIG) weld the hole, the are more holes ''behind'' the crank (between the gearbox and the crank) piston has caused a lot of damage, bummer