Wierd Question

fsuroxu

Jan 26, 2010
Hartselle, AL
I ordered a new Wiseco piston kit and installed it. Had an air leak so I broke it back down to find I needed crank seals. Replaced all bottom end seals and got new top end gaskets. Bike is completely stock except for .040 over piston. When I was re-installing piston kit I noticed the bottom ring groove was missing the pin that keeps the ring from rotating. I thought nothing of it and installed anyway. Fire the bike back up and it is idling good until I hear a slight ping and the bike stalls. Now it won't start due to lack of compression. I am thinking the ring grooves have lined up and that is the reason. What do you guys think? could this be the problem? I am going to break it back down and inspect the piston and cylinder tomorrow. I am figuring on another piston kit at least.

The engine turns very free still when I kick it, I just have no compression. I will look at it here in a little bit and maybe post some pics. Thanks Ken. If I need one, will you sell me back one of the cylinders I sent you? LOL!

yeah dude never install a piston that is missint the ring locator pin that is what keeps the ring gap out of the ports. it will snag for sure if it gets into the ports. not good. not good at all.

tear it back apart then you will know what the problem is exactly. never install anything that is missing parts it is a disaster waiting to happen