wierd high revving while riding???

BlasterMaster15

Jan 23, 2011
New jersey
so today i was riding and twice i was in a low gear and grabbed the clutch and it revved realllly high and the kill swich did nothing but ive heard or it happening and i think its a hotspot reigniting the fuel so i pulled the choke and that killed it.
my question however is why would it do that? i am running a 250 jet with no airbox lid a uni filter and a freshly bored .050 over wiseco piston. the air screw seems to do nothing also no matter how far out it is. is it too rich or too lean? when the rpms are high the engine sounds like its screaming not like it normally would. somebody please help me!! i dont know anythign about jets!!

do a leakdown test RIGHT NOW and DO NOT run it until it passes. this thing is lean, most likely due to an air leak

yep tors is gone. what if its not lean? alll day i had to screw with the idle screw because it was always either too high or too low i dont know but could that have affected it?

it cant be to rich or it would bog out and sputter. id bumo the main up to a 290 and do a plug chop, and see if its still lean or perfect if its stilll lean move up to a 300 main.

you need to adjust the idle screw for idle speed, not the air screw

do the leakdown again, this has air leak written ALL over it or the jetting is really lean

only way to know without a plug chop is if you have an EGT or wideband

thats what id do man. leakdown test it again. maybbe you gasketts didnt seal right. and plugchops will fix all you jetting issues. also are your head bolts tightt?

Just talk to it man. Sit down in the grass next to it and let it know you expect better from it and how its high rev makes you feel like it is just whining for attention.

I don't know, maybe not.

I had the same problem last year with my 2000 blaster. Just let it idle and then spray carb cleaner around the cylinder and carb if the idle changes you have found the leak. Mine had a base gasket leak. Hope this helps.