Widening

Blitz12

Jun 9, 2013
Loxahatchee,Fl
I was thinking about getting a banshee rear axle, and flipping the front in the mean time before i can purchase some a-arms. How much will the banshee axle help and what kind of a-arms would you recommend for a first a-arm upgrade? also what about spacers or a diamond j widening kit. Obviously the a-arms are the best way to go but whats so bad about the widening kit or the spacers.

I've got +3 spacers with a Banshee axle. The whole setup cost me ~$100 and improved handling significantly. The only drawbacks I've heard of with the spacers are increased bump-steer and wear on suspension components. Some day I may upgrade to some long travel arms with YFZ shocks.

The Shee axle will give you about 3 3/4" more width, combine that with 3" spacers and that is more than 9" wider in the rear.

Like mine.

2utqc86.jpg

You can tame the bump steer introduced with spacers on the front by tweaking the toe.

I have the Banshee axle in the rear with no spacers and 3" spacers in the front (+1.5" each side). It is a bit of comprimise because it barely fits in my truck with my bike using this setup and I don't want to go much wider with all the trees we have here. Like I said it has i significant improvement over stock handling, and I didn't have to adjust the toe in or notice a lot of bump steer. The Banshee axle is an easy swap in an 03+ Blaster but needs some brake work for the earlier bikes.
2u5s412.jpg

2dc5rb8.jpg

I have the Banshee axle in the rear with no spacers and 3" spacers in the front (+1.5" each side). It is a bit of comprimise because it barely fits in my truck with my bike using this setup and I don't want to go much wider with all the trees we have here. Like I said it has i significant improvement over stock handling, and I didn't have to adjust the toe in or notice a lot of bump steer. The Banshee axle is an easy swap in an 03+ Blaster but needs some brake work for the earlier bikes.
2u5s412.jpg

2dc5rb8.jpg

yep that's why I only went +3 theres to many trees here, any wider it wont fit

Banshee fits right in. Actually i was just about to post something about rear axles on here too. So hope you don't mind if i borrow your thread but we might both learn..:) i was wondering about the durability and if any difference in after market banshee rear axle and a blaster one. Thickness, bearings etc etc... i know the stock witdh. I'm curious to as circumfrance , if the banshee after market is thicker than the same brand after market blaster. ??????

Banshee fits right in. Actually i was just about to post something about rear axles on here too. So hope you don't mind if i borrow your thread but we might both learn..:) i was wondering about the durability and if any difference in after market banshee rear axle and a blaster one. Thickness, bearings etc etc... i know the stock witdh. I'm curious to as circumfrance , if the banshee after market is thicker than the same brand after market blaster. ??????

This will be interesting...

I think they would be stronger

They will also be way bigger.... since stock banshee is 3.75 and anymore the axle it (say +4 stock banshee) then you have a +7.75 blaster axle :eek::eek:

. I'm curious as to basically the thickness of them. Like a durablue banshee axle, and a durablue blaster axle. For instance on fee bay i can only find one durablue rear axle for a blaster for almost 3bills but a shee one you can grab it for like a hondo.. I'm also asking because i have finally decided I'm selling my shee. I think if i part it out,,,,well i know if i part it out i will make more. ($orry guess don't hate on me, I'm being another bike) It also has a durablue rear axle witch I'd like to use on my blasty, along with the petcock, and maybe head lights.and few other little things..