Widening Kit and Swing Arm Questions

Cam

Aug 1, 2008
Looking to buy a blaster soon and doing my homework to prepare to tweak it out. Besides exhaust and a bore kit i want to widen the stance. Wondering if anyone has any experience with the following.

The first appears to be a small shop that makes swing arms for a fraction of what the big name after market guys charge:
Ebay link:
eBay Motors: Powdercoat YAMAHA BLASTER Swingarm yfs200 Swing arm (item 320280859620 end time Aug-06-08 06:49:45 PDT)

The second is a widening kit from Diamond J Customs (widening kit for front end with spacers on the back):

Yamaha Blaster 200 | Diamond J Customs | Quad-Rodding Systems & Suspension Kits

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
the aarm widening kit works great, but the swingarm....well i got the same one and i have had to weld my swingarm 3 times and it finally broke in half, now hopefully when its done it wont break anymore

How long did it last...given the price break vs. the other $700 swing arms ... You think its still worth buying ...they say they have a year warranty???

in this sport, you get what you pay for. there selling the swingarms cheap, because there made out of cheap material. The expensive swingarms are made out of chromoly steel, which is a hell of alot stronger then regular mild steel