wich company makes the best 240 kit

motor mouth

May 31, 2008
britton, MI
I want to get a 240 kit but I dont know what company makes the best kit. So Id apreciate all input. Also CT racing and duncan racing are out of the picture for me, there too expencive.

vitos for the money comes with everything but make sure you get a wiseco piston vitos pistons are garbage

I have heard a lot of bad things about Vito's. I don't know from experience but I have heard good things about firebreather 240's. Maybe the piston on vito's is what gives it a bad name, dunno.

I have a vitos 240 kit and I can honestly say I wish I had saved up an bought the CT kit. The CT kit has A 250r intake and a much better piston
Another option is to do what I just done and send a vitos 240 kit to flotek and let him port and polish it for you and buy a new pistonand V-force reeds, I havent got it back yet (I just sent it out thursday) but I've seen videos of blasters hes done and they can really rip. But in the long run it would probably be cheaper to buy the CT kit

its one of those things where you must ask yourself do you wanna pay now or later ,the lasleeve sonic is pricey but look wha t you get ,the best designs and parts already incorporated but as good as it is out of box even the sonic kit has its design flaws espeically the bottom of the transfers not opening at BDC and the smallish poorly placed sub exhaust ports ,the vitos kit is basicly a chinese copy of a 72mm bore stock cylinder with way less volume and poor workmanship full of casting flaws overpour and tiny inferior port layout thats way wrong ,the cast pistons are only good for a short time like 50 hours or they can crack at the intake bridges im told they fixed this but i only heard this secondhand .its like anything if yo uwant the best it likely wont be the cheapest option .lucky for us most of these kits can al l be ported to run similar times and power output ..just some are more work to extract the potential and will require upgraded parts,alot of why yo udont see really fast ones is becuase most builders who port them dont do it right IMHO..they need reworked and not just improved on by shining up whats already there from the factory

just remember... you get what you pay for. go cheap now and you will end up fixing it later.

by the way.. .there are like 100000 other threads on here about this. this question gets answered weekly.