wich carb to use with stock bore port and stroker crank.

STRATTON

Feb 16, 2013
hey guys, i have a question for you blaster motor and carb pros.

for a little back round this is my blaster.

http://www.blasterforum.com/full-rebuilds-128/strattons-02-blaster-56078/

motor set up consist of orginal piston, stock bore, ken o conner head mod, cyclinder port, factory carb 310jet, tommey pipe and exhuast, no air lid with a k&n filter.

this thing hauls flat out for what it is. but as usual id like more.

im thinkign of sending the bottom end off to ken o conner for a 3+ or 4+ stroker over the winter. if he he can fudge the ports to work dead on with a +4 ill go that route, if not ill go with a 3+ and a stuffer plate.

with all that being said, what carb would be recommended for the said set up with a stroker crank ? i wish i could find a carb that mixes oil and gas for you, as i find simplicity in my quad key.

also does the stroker crank make a significant increase in tq ? where will it be felt just in the low end ? mid range ? top end ?

stratton.

I would go with the plus 3 crank and run a 34 carb. That's just my advise. Ken would knew best on what you will want to go with.

ill speak to ken soon. maybe he knows of a carb that will suit the motor set up that has oil injection or has a way of adding oil injection onto a particular carb that would work.

either way.

so a stroker crank deff adds some power ? i have never ran one in such a small motor. ive done strokers in car motors, but thats on a larger scale.

im wondering if per dollar spent (stroker, ken's install and carb price) is a good bang for the buck.

stratton.

it all hinges on what carb i can run. i really only want to stay with a carb with oil injection. its just easier, and more reliable for me to be 100% honest.

ill call ken when i have some time and see what he comes up with.

maybe if hes surfing the forum and comes across this thread he can chime in with his opinion.

im more then happy with the current power. i plan on adding a 14t gear in the near future wich should make a noticeable diff. but if more power can be had very reliably im all for it.

stratton.

im stupid. some how i missed this. talking to my father who use to race two stroke out boards in the 70's just informed me that the oil to gas ratio never changes. so whatever the motor calls for is what it calls for. the jetting only changes the fuel, not the oil, oil stays constant.

so with that being said i dont mind changing my carb at all.

ill send the motor to ken in the winter and have him install a plus +4 if ports can be moved if not +3.

should have some serious balls (as if it doesnt have them already), full ported, head mod, stroker, bigger carb, v4's and my toomey.

stratton.

im stupid. some how i missed this. talking to my father who use to race two stroke out boards in the 70's just informed me that the oil to gas ratio never changes. so whatever the motor calls for is what it calls for. the jetting only changes the fuel, not the oil, oil stays constant.

so with that being said i dont mind changing my carb at all.

ill send the motor to ken in the winter and have him install a plus +4 if ports can be moved if not +3.

should have some serious balls (as if it doesnt have them already), full ported, head mod, stroker, bigger carb, v4's and my toomey.

stratton.
For reliability I'd go plus 3