Why remove TORS?

FASTANDSTUPID

Oct 2, 2008
BASTROP, TX
I have heard over and over, remove your TORS it sucks and will only cause problems, but I never heard you would actually gain performance from it.
I bought a Vito's tors eliminator, got it all straight and instantly noticed throttle improvements, and tuning that you can not achieve with the tors in place.
It now wheelies with much less effort than before and feels much smoother.
I also removed the oil injection system, and having done both of these things I feel much more comfortable riding the deep woods.

So, remove your tors and oil injection for the peace of mind and the performance. Neither project is hard or expensive, I made my own block-off plate and the tors eliminator is like 30-40 bucks.

Tors means , Throttle over ride system , You will not notice an improvement in power when you do this mod , its just easier to figure out whats wrong with less wiring and parts to go bad , The oil injection block off kit should not give any increase in power either , as you have to mix your fuel and oil now , just means your mixture is in your hands now thats all

If you have removed the TORS and the power seems to have increased, I fear that you may have created a small air leak somewhere.

A small air leak can create a slightly leaner than optium mixture, this may be felt as an increase in power, but if not corrected will slowly but surely fry the piston.

Have you blocked off the oil injection nipple on the carb?

Have you re-adjusted the idle?

Adding oil to the gas changes the AFR, which will result in a leaner mix

Last edited:
yeah there shouldnt be any difference in power, but tors is nothing but problems, and its especially annoying when trying to remove or install your carb, tends to make a simple job really frustrating.

I have 2 blasters, both still have the torts on and one is a 1992, ive never had a problem with them.. other than as said above about making it awkward to work on the carb..

However.. I don't acctually know if they work.. Am I right in thinking their suppose to shut the throttle off if it revs to high?

If you have removed the TORS and the power seems to have increased, I fear that you may have created a small air leak somewhere.

A small air leak can create a slightly leaner than optium mixture, this may be felt as an increase in power, but if not corrected will slowly but surely fry the piston.

Have you blocked off the oil injection nipple on the carb?

Have you re-adjusted the idle?

Adding oil to the gas changes the AFR, which will result in a leaner mix

seconded.............