why a blaster

2strokesmoke

Jul 13, 2009
scotland
just been thinking after i wrote a post on i2fast4u's thread about his kx250, and nathanastone's about TRI z's.
thats the reason i got a blaster, i wanted an atv, everything is fourstroke now, i love them but they just dont have the character of a 2 stroke, ive already said tonight i grew up wanting a TRI Z, i suppose thats where i get my love of 2 strokes.
so i decided basically i wanted a fast quad, i wanted 2 stroke and i didnt want a banshee because i wanted it to be like my kx, simple and inexpensive to rebuild the top end.
once i figuered all that out, the blaster just came naturally. what about you guys why did you pick a blasty? or more importantly why do you still own your blaster or have a fettish for buying new ones?

Inexpensive, tons of aftermarket and used parts, super fun to ride when dialed in, and nothing compares to a 2 stroke when it's running strong and set up properly

was/is my first quad
not sure what to do with it, either sell it and buy a really nice car then buy another quad or keep it get a crappy car and then save up and make it mx ready

I started out racing a blaster because back then, that was the entry level class. after a couple years I moved up to the 250 class and TRX250rs, then I moved to the open class and the LT500s...
I still have all my quads because:
you never get anywhere close to your money back when you sell them
other friends or family have something to ride or learn to ride on
you just cant have too many quads IMHO :D

I got a blaster becuase my mojave didn't run and need a whole over hual. At the time I was saving for a bike since I havn't had one that ran since I was 12, then one day my dad called me and said he found a sport quad for sale for 1500. I got there and it was an 03' blaster, stock except a pipe. I took it for a test drive down the road and fell in love! bought it right there on the spot.

Honestly I wish I never would have cut the fenders or painted stuff, it was pretty mint.. I'm beating myself up for that, live and learn I geuss..

Now I'm pretty frustrated, the only reason I'm keeping it is becuase if I sold it I would never get a fair price, and parting it out wouldn't be much better. I'd like to sink about 4k into but I feel I just wouldn't be happy with the out come... plus its just too stubby for me, theres hardly any room to move around in a fast corner.

Then again if I save up the cash to buy something I'd rather get a bike then a quad..
So Idk what I'm going to do.. But more then Likely the blaster will be with me for another year, its been a soild quad and its tought me alot... I just wish I still loved it like I used to...

I got a blaster becuase my mojave didn't run and need a whole over hual. At the time I was saving for a bike since I havn't had one that ran since I was 12, then one day my dad called me and said he found a sport quad for sale for 1500. I got there and it was an 03' blaster, stock except a pipe. I took it for a test drive down the road and fell in love! bought it right there on the spot.

Honestly I wish I never would have cut the fenders or painted stuff, it was pretty mint.. I'm beating myself up for that, live and learn I geuss..

Now I'm pretty frustrated, the only reason I'm keeping it is becuase if I sold it I would never get a fair price, and parting it out wouldn't be much better. I'd like to sink about 4k into but I feel I just wouldn't be happy with the out come... plus its just too stubby for me, theres hardly any room to move around in a fast corner.

Then again if I save up the cash to buy something I'd rather get a bike then a quad..
So Idk what I'm going to do.. But more then Likely the blaster will be with me for another year, its been a soild quad and its tought me alot... I just wish I still loved it like I used to...

Sorry i hope that didn't sound like a rant. :-[

i got mine because it was only 900 bucks, and i had never had a 2 stroke. basically this bike prepped me for my 125(i would have sucked because of never riding a 2 stroke.) but they are fun little bikes why not have one.

I actually bought mine for the wife to learn to ride on. After I join the forum I couldn't believe the potentail and aftermarket following for it. So I plan on buying another one to build for me.

Oh yah and because they are cheap and easy to work on.

Y'all already said it all! Inexpensive to buy, cheap to maintain, easy to improve, quick, durable, but also their small size. If ya don't make it a mile wide it can go places most other quads can't. Nothing is as quick on our trails as a Blaster and it can go places in the woods that our 4x4 Scrambler can't get under. I just gotta like somethin designed over 20yrs ago that is still perfectly functional. I still think even the old ones are just cute as a bug I:I

i got mine cause they are cheap for a kid like me, they are fairly quick, i can beat my buddies and i found one for a good price( even though the guy ripped me on it, it needed a topend) and they have tons of aftermarket parts, i want nothing but a two stroke, i had a lt 80, that i outgrew at age 11, my knee's hit the bars, so i sold it and got this, i love my blasty, even through all the headaches i have had with it till now, haha

got it because my neighbor told me he was looking to sell it.
Even though I haven't rode it yet I plan on keeping it for life and fully modding it including a 265bbk +3 stroker ported to run on 110 octane. that will be a whole separate motor from what i have now.

got it because my neighbor told me he was looking to sell it.
Even though I haven't rode it yet I plan on keeping it for life and fully modding it including a 265bbk +3 stroker ported to run on 110 octane. that will be a whole separate motor from what i have now.

from what i have read i thought they didnt make those anymore? last i read they didnt, but maybe it was false info.......