• KENNEDY

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • WILD CARD

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • OTHER

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They make a huge difference at mid/top end. What my Blaster buddy say's about every modern motocross engine having them is true. What he didn't mention is the fact that all of these engines have power valves. Power valves have yet to be installed in Blaster engines ( fear not, we're working on it ). I'm not willing to trade off the low end power of my engines to the killer top end triple exhaust ports make. Triple exhaust ports are cool for drag motors but nothing I would want to ride in the woods.

probably should've used engine builder in the thread title instead of porter. I thought this question was about something completely different ill i saw the options.

Yip me too! I just now decided to check it out anyhow.

oh, here we go, no sittin back eatin popcorn for me, we all know better than that!!!!!
what can i say............... who's been on here almost daily????, helpin bro's out with everything imaginable?????.......who's been on here posting "how to" vids???, teaching us this stuff nobody else would dare to share??????
who has the fastest turn-around <(get your job done and returned to you)????
and when i first saw his vids and he had a machinist apron on, i knew i was choosing a proffesional machinst < which i am now the proud owner of said "machinists apron",
he brought it for me as a gift!!!!! baaaahahahahahaa
cause my builder/bro was just here, at my house!!!, for a weekend of riding and party'in < what other builder can we say that about!!!!!!!!
as for the work to my motor........awsome power, unmatched attention to detail, unheard of 24/7 technical support and "after the sale" service
the answer to all the above questions is..........
none other than KEN OCONNOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
awsome work, help, support and just great dude, not just another builder on here tryin to get rich, but just another on of us bro's, who just happens to do awsome motor work,
oh, and lets not forget, he uses the "now legendary, ass dyno" !!!!!
top end horsepower numbers from a $30,000 dyno dont mean sh*t out on the trails, where most of us ride, ken owns and runs blasters, and tests all his designs on his own bike, before passing what he learns on to us

by the way, why are there like 5 kennedy motors for sale on here ??????
you'll have to pry my "oconnor racing motor" from my dying hands!!!!!!!!! and then i'll come back to haunt you!!!!!!
i'm not gonna point fingers but there are close-up pics of another builders port work floatin around in the "for sale" section. and it looks like a 1st grader did it, my port work looks like a cnc machine did it, not by hand!!!!! i'll post pics and call out names if needed!!!!
and where have the other builders been lately??????????? did they make their money and run ????? or as noob put it, take their ball and run home?????

Perfect!! But I'll add my 2Cents...

Joey Porter when he played for the steelers...LOL... He was a good linebacker..

BAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA!

yep, this thread is a bad idea... 90% of the people that will be voting have 0 experience with any of them... they will just be voting based on what they have heard....
BULLSHIT!

Ok now why I voted for Ken.

All the thing metioned from Awk are true as I have had the same EXPERIENCE! I have probably been the biggest pain in the ass since my build as I had so many questions and issues because of my lack of knowledge But Ken answered every one, day or night, The poor guy even lost sleep! Also, I must say Ken drove 480 miles to wrench, Ride and have me and my son laughing on the floor histerically all weekend not to mention, putting parts on my bike for no charge! You will not find that anywhere fellas. KEN OCONNER is the only Engine builder for me. I am going to send him my Rappy motor one of these days too and I will be able to comment on his 4-stroke work as well!
dsc01739.jpg

My weekend with him, and not to metion my ass dyno tells me that Ken was the right choice! My dad and Awk said it all! He is the man! Thank again KEN!!I:I B) :D

I gotta say, based on just snooping around the forums, reading stuff, etc, if I was giving my money to someone to work on my engine, Id most likely give it to Ken. Just seems like a cool guy and seems to know his sh*t.

amen to the triple exhaust use ken, thats a dyno driven, drag porting layout, my ass dyno told me again today that the oconnor racing motor work i have just rips !!!!
i was leaving my buddies on bikes in my dust today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. joey porter was the man, while in the burgh!!!!!!

They make a huge difference at mid/top end. What my Blaster buddy say's about every modern motocross engine having them is true. What he didn't mention is the fact that all of these engines have power valves. Power valves have yet to be installed in Blaster engines ( fear not, we're working on it ). I'm not willing to trade off the low end power of my engines to the killer top end triple exhaust ports make. Triple exhaust ports are cool for drag motors but nothing I would want to ride in the woods.

great response ken, i like how you true the cranks, is there anyway i can buy a true'd 3 mil from you? you have a PM about my DT200 motor

your winning on my who should port my motor deal ;)

Who would be the best to take my CT 240 cylinder head to???
Or is it best to send it back to CT to get ported???? And a 4mmstroker...

did i mention that my builder of choice cooked me breakfast on saturday morning!!!!!
no bullshit, he did
wheres them pics jess????? pm them to me!!!

WildCard Racing does great work! Great customer service is always important but when you combine that with superb porting/building skills, it's awesome. That's what they are...

I'm voting for OConnor because my engine was built by him. For a first timer, I have everything I need. I can stay my pace when I need to or I can gun it to catch up. It rules!!! Thanks Ken N Mac Dizzy. N Awk your bike rules too.

I'm voting for OConnor because my engine was built by him. For a first timer, I have everything I need. I can stay my pace when I need to or I can gun it to catch up. It rules!!! Thanks Ken N Mac Dizzy. N Awk your bike rules too.

you dont count......lol jk.............ken i bet she was obligated to put this......shes just sucking up:p

Ken you are going to be receiving a DT200 cylinder by the end of this month. Not much needs to be done on the exhaust side of the powervalve motor because when in low range the pv is closed, can the powervalve itself be modded? It opens up fully as the engine runs across the powerband. Intake porting make much of a difference? I'm looking at the stock blaster cylinder and the DT side by side and there are quite a few casting flaws. I could make a cast version of the powervalve for future research? Hmm... once the paycheck comes in you are getting a phone call + PM.. Sorry to ramble on, just got my mind turning...

Continue thread.

i voted wildcard, he's a nice guy ( not saying others arent) and i love his work, just like ken o connor, if i coulda voted twice it would be for o connor and wildcard

oh, here we go, no sittin back eatin popcorn for me, we all know better than that!!!!!
what can i say............... who's been on here almost daily????, helpin bro's out with everything imaginable?????.......who's been on here posting "how to" vids???, teaching us this stuff nobody else would dare to share??????
who has the fastest turn-around <(get your job done and returned to you)????
and when i first saw his vids and he had a machinist apron on, i knew i was choosing a proffesional machinst < which i am now the proud owner of said "machinists apron",
he brought it for me as a gift!!!!! baaaahahahahahaa
cause my builder/bro was just here, at my house!!!, for a weekend of riding and party'in < what other builder can we say that about!!!!!!!!
as for the work to my motor........awsome power, unmatched attention to detail, unheard of 24/7 technical support and "after the sale" service
the answer to all the above questions is..........
none other than KEN OCONNOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
awsome work, help, support and just great dude, not just another builder on here tryin to get rich, but just another on of us bro's, who just happens to do awsome motor work,
oh, and lets not forget, he uses the "now legendary, ass dyno" !!!!!
top end horsepower numbers from a $30,000 dyno dont mean sh*t out on the trails, where most of us ride, ken owns and runs blasters, and tests all his designs on his own bike, before passing what he learns on to us

by the way, why are there like 5 kennedy motors for sale on here ??????
you'll have to pry my "oconnor racing motor" from my dying hands!!!!!!!!! and then i'll come back to haunt you!!!!!!
i'm not gonna point fingers but there are close-up pics of another builders port work floatin around in the "for sale" section. and it looks like a 1st grader did it, my port work looks like a cnc machine did it, not by hand!!!!! i'll post pics and call out names if needed!!!!
and where have the other builders been lately??????????? did they make their money and run ????? or as noob put it, take their ball and run home?????

your correct Ken is the man to go to for blaster work! F.A.S.T racing for banshee work!

Hey i cant believe that nobody has said anything about FLOWTEK.. i live in Puerto Rico and have called him a couple of times and he has stayed on the phne with me for atleast 2 hours one time. i havent even sent him my head and i give him the vote. im going to be sending him to heads as a matter of fact i should send one to ken and one to flowtek to see what happens. lol seroiusly i bet they are both incredible to me it all comes down to MONEY SHIPPING AND TRUST.... im not in the states i have to ship UPS and thats bread right there... my 2 cents

Hey i cant believe that nobody has said anything about FLOWTEK.. i live in Puerto Rico and have called him a couple of times and he has stayed on the phne with me for atleast 2 hours one time. i havent even sent him my head and i give him the vote. im going to be sending him to heads as a matter of fact i should send one to ken and one to flowtek to see what happens. lol seroiusly i bet they are both incredible to me it all comes down to MONEY SHIPPING AND TRUST.... im not in the states i have to ship UPS and thats bread right there... my 2 cents

what you mean man, i said i like flotek alot I:I i also really like oconner even though he has not touched my motor his how to's are awesome and he has the ability to explain thigs so a average joe can understand. im glad to see this thread has been kept civil and very minimal bashing has gone on I:I I:I

The only one I have personal experience with is Brandon/Shay at Wildcard. Those folks have been phenomonal with us. They did incredible work, did tons of research, and turned out an incredible product at a quick turn around. Service after the sale was second to none, and I am please that I chose them over any of the other builders I have talked to at that time.

I have heard good things about all of these builders, and this list is a compilation of probably some of the best Blaster motorheads you could find.

I have personally have conversations over the years with most of these builders (with the exception of O'conner but Im quite pleased with what I read about him), and I was impressed by most, dissappointed by none, and I made my choice of builder by who gave me that "warm and fuzzy" feeling.

i didnt think this thread would turn out bad im happy to see one of the builders are posting and clearing things up tooI:II:I

Last edited: