Which piston kit should I get?

jasindude1

Jun 10, 2013
So I am rebuilding the top end on my Blaster parts bike. I need to bore the cylinder, so its time to buy a 67mm piston, if i go online i see a bunch of different kits, I have a Namura in my running blaster currently and honestly its great, what are some thought on Weisco, stock, Naumra, Pro X or I saw Vitos the 5hp piston, has anyone used it? Honestly idk if i believe it, any thoughts? I know I will prob open a can of worms and get a bunch of different opinions, but would like to hear opinions and experiences, honestly I bought a used engine a while back and it had a crack Weisco in it and I mean it was cracked pretty bad so I truly feel like any pisiton has a potential for failure. Thank you for your help =)

the +3 crank requires no special piston, any can work
if the superstock is the one with the pie cut exhaust side ? pass on that

Any piston will do fine except the one cut to simulate a raised port will serve you well.

Cast or forged will last well as long as the jetting and lubrication is correct.

In your words any piston has the potential for failure, and will fail if it is not looked after and regular maintainence done which includes leak testing often.