where to service elka shocks(update)

May 26, 2013
immokalee fl
Like the tittle days where is a good place to service my just purshase used elka shocks
I think they are stage 3 with remote ressie 16.5 Long and i will mount them on my new asr +3+1 Long travel a arma
I think one is blown and both need the borrón bearings and bushings .
Where will be a good place to have them service at a good price also
IMAG1984.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG1986.jpg
    IMAG1986.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 440
you can try to message member jogaca on here (email kevin @ groffer@q.com )
review thread:
http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/kevin-awesome-shock-service.50434/

or an authorized Elka service center.
I bought a rezzie knob from these guys, it was on my porch the next day....
Impact Solutions
985 Harris Hwy
Parkersburg, West Virginia.
(304) 863-0025
specconllc@gmail.com

more:
http://www.elkasuspension.com/support/authorized-service-centers/
Thanks awk, called impact solition today but they tould me that their parts guy way gonna be away for a week and there was no one to help me i just called elka and im gonna get the bottom bushing and bearings for 70dlls shipped from Canadá and they tould me it would take a week to get the parts .also i m waiting on my asr a arms Long travel to go with this shocks, also a case saver from kor my bike is comming along .like some one said here its a labor of love cuz they can hey expensive once you get on them and build it like you want it but ill keep you guys posted thanks again

Right now I'm having a set of Works Shocks rebuilt by Kevin (Jogaca). He has a 2-3 week turn around time due to how busy he is but its a great deal if your willing to wait because his prices are unbeatable.

they look great !
ride report is next

Thats one mean looking blaster! I have a feeling you're going to love the way it'll ride!

thanks guys. kevin did a great job with the revalve on the shocks its night and day compared to the stock banshee shocks that i hade in there now i can put all the power to the floor and its rides awsome

Do you mind me asking how much it cost you to rebuild revalve? I've seen some sets that I wanted to buy but didn't know how much it would cost to set it up for my weight

Do you mind me asking how much it cost you to rebuild revalve? I've seen some sets that I wanted to buy but didn't know how much it would cost to set it up for my weight
it was 190 in parts and 200 in labor but my shocks needed all the bearings top and bottom along with the rebuild.
it can get expensive but in the end it worth it

If you see something you think might work, email or call him and he can give you a decent estimate if you get him some pictures. Also, he already has a lot of shocks so he should be able to build you anything you need. Just eliminates the hassle of trying to find something and its should still be a great price.

Loosen the setscrew with a 3mm allen wrench, jack the bike up so the suspension hangs down, and try turning it by hand. If you can't turn it, the tool is just a 1/4" rod. If you want to make a really nice one, find a Phillips screw driver with a 1/4" shaft and cut the tip off.