Where to buy shock bushings?

wwholden

Nov 17, 2011
Dayton, Ohio
I bought a pair of RFY knock off resi shocks for $40 bucks. Yeah yeah I know but I wanted to compare them to stock and actually post up a review on here. Any way they are in good condition except they are missing the bushings for the eyelets. Wheres the best place to get good bushings cheap? All I need is the outside diameter of the eyelet, the diameter of the bolt, and the length right? No other info needed correct?

Yeah I understand that but what type did you get off the website. Looks like they are called drill bushings but they have a ton of different ones. Like Press Fit, Wear Resistant, Finish Your Own, Press Fit with Head, Corrosion Resistant, Press Fit Metric, etc....

Yeah I understand that but what type did you get off the website. Looks like they are called drill bushings but they have a ton of different ones. Like Press Fit, Wear Resistant, Finish Your Own, Press Fit with Head, Corrosion Resistant, Press Fit Metric, etc....

ohh thats what u meant lol. just click on one, and search for the sizes u need. its the eaisest way. im sure all thme but plastic will be fine.

Which one did you go with? Did you have to do any drilling?

i got ones with flanges, cause that is what i needed if its fort the front shocks, flanges are not need if the shock is wide enough to mount up. so i woulndent get flanges. the problem with mine id tht i converted everything from mm to in. and u can never get to the exact size when u do that. so yes i had to drill mine out to the correct size, and i had to grind down the outside of them too for them to fit inside the frame. but i dident buy the drillable ones. i wouldent get those. eaither they make the inside of a softer material so its eaiser to drilll

Yeah these shocks are not a tight fit for side to side play. So I will need them to be longer than the eyelet. So you went with ones that had the flange, so do you mean press fit bushings with head on the site?