Where do I start HAHA 02 Blaster need help with wheels and suspension

teddyca

Jul 28, 2009
After doing a bunch of searching online I came across you nuts. I:I So here I am. I bought this blaster bone stock with a pink sticker on the tank. Tells me a little lady owned her. It has the stock ballon tires and stock suspension. I am not a hard rider but want a nice bike I can tear up if I have the urge. I wont ride it much so $500 wheels and tires are out as well as shocks with reserviors. What I am looking for is a set of wheels and tires that are not going to break the bank. Problem is I dont know what fits. I would like a bigger rim in the back like a 12" but not sure thats logical. Most of my riding is on packed dirt here in Cali. Also want a nice set of inexpensive tires like Kendas or whatever. As for suspension I see a few run the 400ex rear shock, is that a nice upgrade? what are the options up front. I guess what I am saying is I want best bang for the buck. Again I wont ride it much but when I do I want it to be setup nice and right. Thanks for any feedback. I am off to use that search function :D

Thanks. Yeah after I did some reading I have found that a 10" out back will be perfect. Now its time to find out what is stock on my bike. If they are 9-10 I might just buy some tires and paint the wheels. Where can you get cheap tires?

Nice I used rocky Mountain a few times to buy parts for our Bikes but its been awhile. I know for a fact I can make that shock work. I will now be on the hunt. HAHA so the rear is an 8". Thats not even worth keeping. Now I need to find a clean set of 10"s with tires. Does the Raptor use a 10" tire in the rear? I can search but you guys seem to know it all. :) I swore I was just going to put this damn thing around and already have plastics, a monster sticker kit, Pro tapers, and a FMF pipe at home for it. So much for that idea. I dont want to be the fastest and have no plans of tearing into the motor, I just want it to be fun. Oh yeah and look good to. :)

I think 9" might be a better choice to go with, there are many more tires available for a 9" rim. Thats just my .02

Some people are running banshee front shocks and love them. Check ebay for good deals.

And I second rm! Its a great place to buy from.

Last edited:
Nice I used rocky Mountain a few times to buy parts for our Bikes but its been awhile. I know for a fact I can make that shock work. I will now be on the hunt. HAHA so the rear is an 8". Thats not even worth keeping. Now I need to find a clean set of 10"s with tires. Does the Raptor use a 10" tire in the rear? I can search but you guys seem to know it all. :) I swore I was just going to put this damn thing around and already have plastics, a monster sticker kit, Pro tapers, and a FMF pipe at home for it. So much for that idea. I dont want to be the fastest and have no plans of tearing into the motor, I just want it to be fun. Oh yeah and look good to. :)

once you start it never stops...keep a look out on ebay for parts i got my 400ex shock for 9.99 + 10 shipping...and a banshee axle for 15.50 + 20 shipping...cant wait to get the she axle in my blasty its 3 or 4 inches wider and slides right in...oh and by the way welcome to the forum you will find anything you need to know here!I:II:II:II:II::eek:

Well there you go. I am on the hunt for a rear shock and axel. HAHA. Trust me I know all to well about modding. I got $50K in to a Z06 Corvette. Modding is in my blood. HAHA Thanks for the tips guys I am off to find a shock and axel.

Well there you go. I am on the hunt for a rear shock and axel. HAHA. Trust me I know all to well about modding. I got $50K in to a Z06 Corvette. Modding is in my blood. HAHA Thanks for the tips guys I am off to find a shock and axel.

what yr is your blasty???

Its an 02. I just placed a bid on a rear 400ex shock and have a max bid with shipping at about $35.00 I did a search for a Bansee axel but only found one for $105. I like $35 better. HAHA

EDIT- I spelled Axle wrong haha. Anyways I found this for $50. It is complete with the sprocket and rotor. Would I gain anything from a Bansee sprocket? Are the less teeth for a quicker pickup???
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yama...357352QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Last edited by a moderator:
ok when it comes to sprokets...stock is 13/40
bigger in the back give you more take off but less top speed, smaller more speed less takeoff..
bigger in the front more speed.., smaller in the front more take off..
ok look for some banshee hubs and then buy some banshee wheels those are 9"
then you can look for some older warrior front rims those are aluminum..
the banshee axle is the cheapest way of whidening the back (safely)
diamondjcustoms on ebay sells a widening kit for the front that both cheap and safe (safer then spacers) alot of people will suggest running your front wheels backwards to get the extra whidth. but in my opinion the bump steer you get from doing that is not worth it and dangerous..(bumpstear is like when you hit a root in a trail it will jerk your handles bars..) and swaping your front rims around makes this problem much worse..
if you want a taller stearing stem you can get either a banshee or a warrior stem and mod it to fit the blaster there the same lenght so which ever one you can get cheaper.
but the number 1 mod that people like to do first is get a pipe..

Nice thanks for all that information. I need to go dig it out of the shed and see what wheels are on it now. They are aluminum if I remember correctly. I need to check size. So what is the differance between the rear sprocket of a banshee and blaster?

So what is the differance between the rear sprocket of a banshee and blaster?

im guessing you meant rear hub.... i think the blaster and banshee have the same rear sprocket (im not 100% sure about that one)
the bolt pattern....
the blaster has a 100mm x 4 bolt pattern
the banshee has a 115mm x 4 bolt pattern
there are more options with the larger bolt pattern and they bolt right on the blaster axle...

HAHA You guys f*ckin rock. I was getting ready to post up and see if that top link was an upgrade. Does the winning bidder look familiar:D I won that 400EX shock yesterday. Now it is time to figure out wheels and certainly tires. I also want to get a rear sprocket that will give me more out of the hole. If I got to take it off, I might as well upgrade right. :)

I cant click on that magic green button. HAHA I will look into that. I will post a few pics when I am done. Right now it looks like a completely stock 02 with a sticker kit. HAHA