when installing new main seals

Antec1200X

Nov 11, 2010
Fort Nelson B.C
i think i messed up.in the online manuel awk posted it says to put grease in the main seals?will this cause a problem if i dont put grease in them?like a compression leak
i really dont want to have to pull the cases appart hell everything is pretty much done :-/

No, its to protect the inner lip and to make it easier to slide the crank through it not to mention it help seal it better!

grease or oil is a given on any o-ring or seal. it helps with install, sealing and from nicking the seal when installing it. you wouldnt dry f oooooooh never mind. slicking things up is always easier ;)

Reactions: Antec1200X
yep if you used oil your OK. hell i have ruined seals even after putting oil on them. its happens just less likely when you have them lubed up . as long as you didn't Gerbil jam them dry you should be good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEONNIGHT34609
. as long as you didn't Gerbil jam them dry you should be good to go.

BWAAAAHAAAAA, That is my new sayin! I just pissed myself!

Never heard that before either, funny stuff. Sorry I had to chime in with an unrelated post. Your fine as everyone else said, just make sure you clean the sealing surface and apply a light coat of grease. She'll slide right on in there with no tears.