Whats the Best motor to swap to?

1990Blaster97

Apr 1, 2013
Turns out the smoke wasn't the oil or anything my engine is blown and I don't have time to rebuild so what a good engine I could switch over to like a yz or something? thanks!!!:)

yz490 lol i looked into doing a swap but we figured by the time wee bought the motor and got everything fabbed up it would be cheaper to rebuild the motor or buy a new blaster

Thanks guys I wasn't sure what I should do but Im gonna rebuild I guess! I wasn't sure about buying a motor off ebay anywaysI:I

I would agree with rebuilding your blaster motor. You will know e exactly what you have well all said and done..Plus you won't need any extra brackets or have to do anything to hinder the frame and everything will fit just perfectly :),, Also the time and extra money it would cost to retro fit a different motor take that xtra $ and time and out it into the blaster.. Unless you already have another good motor and are short on $ and not time..

A gsxr 600 swap would be a cool thread tho wouldn't it? always engines from those bein wrecked for cheap.
Don't think a blasty frame would handle it tho.

I did the 465 swap last year. It's been broken in the garage since. Just haven't had time to work on it but it's a lot of fun when its working. I say stick with the stock engine if you want it to be more reliable. Thinking I'm going to repair mine and sell it off for something more reliable. Here's what I turned out with.

IMG_20120822_161817.jpg

Turns out the smoke wasn't the oil or anything my engine is blown and I don't have time to rebuild so what a good engine I could switch over to like a yz or something? thanks!!!:)

If you don't have the time to rebuilt that then you certainly dont have the time to fabricate a swap. I say rebuild it.