What's the actual measured height of your 20's

mystahagy

Feb 27, 2008
Corpus Christi, TX
These 18's just aren't cutting it on both my blaster and the LTR450. I do too much trail running. I've been shopping for 20's for awhile now and it really seems that between manufacturers or tire models the actual measured height of a 20 inch tire can vary greatly. I recently ordered some 20x11x8 original holeshots, and i swear they looked more like 22's. Deflated and unmounted, they were still a 1/2" taller than a buddy's fully inflated 20" dunlop kt355's. Needless to say I sent them back, they were HUGE.

Cross country tires seem to run taller as well, but manufactures aren't clear on actual measured heights. So, I'm asking for anyone to post up actual measured heights of their rear 20's. List make, model, and size rim if you please.

im not 100%, but im pretty sure some brands include lug depth in the tire height and some brands don't, so theres bound to be some variation depending on the brand of tire and how much they're worn

Yeah I'm aware of variation, but at times these manufacturers easily have a 2" difference. That's what I'm looking for. I realize there might be a 1/2" here or there. Like I said some of their cross country style tires can be huge, but yep, they've all got 20 stamped on the side.

Nobody's got 20's and a tape measure?

I've been wondering the same thing. I also have 20x11x8 Holeshots. With the machine sitting on them, they measure out at 20.5". Figure in some bulge at the bottom, and they're likely 21" or so. That includes the tread, and they are nearly new. You should have kept them, I love mine. I'm actually curious about the measured height of some 22x11x8 Mud Lites ( but I don't want to hijack your thread).

I will be getting my 20" Kenda Klaws in the mail tomorrow. I'll hopefully have them mounted by Thursday, so if you can hold out a few days, I'll take a pic and some measurements for ya. I've been curious about this as well. I'm hoping 20's will be enough clearance for the trail.