What's missing?

kylewa

Jul 1, 2010
Again, I am a total newb which will explain my question before I even ask. What is missing in this picture? I assume it has something to do with the oiling system, but what goes here, or needs to go here. Anything? Sorry for the terrible picture. I have a BAD camera on my phone.

Attachments

• 0707101905.jpg
    0707101905.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 170
ur right, its where the oil pump goes, u should pull off that cover and remove the plastic gear on the other side, and dont forget that u have to premix ur gas without that injector in there

wont he also need a block off plate, or is the pump still on it????

yea i shouldve mentioned that, but the pump is gone and just the drive shaft for the pump is on there....once u take that plastic gear off u can pull that out, then install the blockoff plate

I assume the guy that had it before me rode it this way. Is that even possible? This was a $200 purchase. It needs a top end job, and that's it...so I was told. I ordered the piston kit yesterday.

What other cover do I need to remove? Where is the plastic gear?

That thing on the bottom right sticking out is what remains of the oil injection pump. The plastic gear is on the other side of that... you have to take the whole black cover off, its 9 screws I think. Also, your kickstarter has to go first, and drain your trans fluid first. That pump needs to go and be replaced with a block-off.

so that the big black case cover can slide off. You can leave it all alone if you choose, (if it isn't leaking) but most people here wouldn't recommend that- because the plastic gear could end up all through the gears. be very careful not to break any of those screws/bolts... I'm going through that right now in another thread.

yes the kicker needs to be taken off first, you'll see, and be careful not to knock the kicker spring loose inside there, pull the cover off nice and straight, remove the plastic gear, and you'll need an oil injection blockoff plate, from vito's performance, or make one like i did, to cover the hole so oil dont leak out, use a gasket or rtv.
and most importantly it will now need to be run on premixed 2 stroke oil, mixed 32:1 with good gas

Gotcha. One of those things you have to be looking at to understand. This has to one of the most helpful forums I have come across. Thanks!