whats it worth????

wyattski

Dec 19, 2009
Iowa
i have a 2002 yamaha blaster it has blue plastic that is in working and desent condition normal ware and tear. front drum brakes (work very well) rear disk with newly rebuilt rear caliper and newer cermic pads. motor and clutch is in good working condition nothing is wrong with bike ready to go.never raced. trail riden mostly taken care of it has lots of aftermarket things on it nothing way out there.good heavy duty rear grab bar alluminum light weight but strong mounted with larger bolts. has nerf bars tag handle bars blue.itp wheels nobby rear kenda claw mxr 4 ply tires lots of life left fronts okay but could be better. wesico piston when motor was rebuilt.almost always ran with good oil lucus is what i use got it recomended by someone who races. new clutch cable pulls easy. ac front grab bar/bumper. full pro circut exhaust slip on is a 304 factory sound making it have more power but same sound. everything is working condition runs good starts all season round most time with one or 2 dkicks winter a few more but always starts and runs warms up fast never had it overheat. fast little bike but can be make slower with throtle limiter. good for begginers or even people that have been in the sport for a while. how much should i sell it for? what is it worth? i would like to get something around $1700 is that a good place?

Sounds like you've got a good, used Blasty on your hands with some mods that just isn't needed anymore. The problem when selling it is that there are plenty more similar ones out there. You have to convince potential buyers why your quad is better than the other ones like it.

$ 1,700.00 is a bit high of an asking price, if you ask me. I know the quad is probably worth at least that much, but people will only pay market price. Here in North Texas, that market price isn't very high. Browsing DFW Craigslist today, I saw two Banshees for $ 1,400.00 each, an '05 Rappy 660 for $ 1,500.00, and an '05 YFZ 450 for $ 1,200.00. All of these quads were in running order and needed no (or very minor) work. Some have been listed for over a week and have yet to sell. I'm tempted to grab that Rappy for myself (as much as I despise 4-stroke sport quads!) seeing as it only needed rear axle bearings....

My ramblings aside, I'd ask $ 1,200.00 or so for your Blasty and see what kind of response you get. The price can always be adjusted if needed. You just never know who's watching the ads...