What Spark Plug?

I've had real good luck with the Bosch platinum equivalent
to the BR8ES (can't remember the number) Had to get them at AutoZone in a pinch when I couldn't find NGK's in that area. They have been my Shee now for 3 years.
Think they were like $2.50 each

Dont buy the br8es, buy a b8es because the R in the first one means "restricted" it will only put out what the factory made it to put out. When my mechanic redid my engine, he told me it will improve my idling and more bottom end power

spark plugs drive me nuts. lol blasters are supposed to use br8es but i've ran into problems with them on 2 of my blasters where they just sputter and backfire and die. then i threw in b8es plugs and they ran fine. wish i understood it better

Reactions: R0dd
Dont buy the br8es, buy a b8es because the R in the first one means "restricted"

It really stands for a resistor plug. The purpose for resistor plugs is to reduce radio interference.
The coil on the Blaster (and most street and dirt bikes) is designed to compensate for this resistance and will supposedly be damaged by running a non resistor plug. That being said, I'm glad that apparently (from reading these posts) this is not the case with the Blaster because a hotter spark is always better.

I've run the EG, EV and R series. Great for higher compression and nitrous. Fine wire and really tough porcelain around the electrode. More detonation proof.

FYI, Just looked it up. The 86-2000 Blaster calls for a non resistor plug and the 2001-2006 calls for a resistor plug. Looks like I'm getting a B8EV for my 96 next time I go parts shopping.

Saw this thread thought Id see if any one was running
NGK BR7ES. Fouled out the B8ES that was in my2001 blaster when i got it. Seemed like br7es runs better??