what should my jetting be?

it says you have a 280 in there now,
you and only you can determine your jetting, we can only suggest a starting point, which your close too, 1.5 turns out on the airscrew, stock pilot, middle clip on needle.
what does a wide open throttle "plug chop" say for the main jet ???
your local elevation plays a big role in that.

it says you have a 280 in there now,
you and only you can determine your jetting, we can only suggest a starting point, which your close too, 1.5 turns out on the airscrew, stock pilot, middle clip on needle.
what does a wide open throttle "plug chop" say for the main jet ???
your local elevation plays a big role in that.

i figured out 280 is perfect in spring, fall and summer but i dont know wether to use the 290 or 300 for winter

Even that will depend on how cold it is, either plug chop/keep an eye on it plus larger jets. It's real easy to melt down in the cold, ask me how I know.

when into the 30's next time, throw the 290 in and see how she feels
then plug chop it, if more is needed the plug will tell you

What do u recomend jet wise for a 91 baster .20 ove with a d&g pipe and silencer nd fmf reeds ?

hi guys wats up i have been reading some of the post members have made and they have helped alot, i live in south africa in drakensberg mountains and we are about 4000ft above sea level, i have an 02 blaster it has Kn filter and dmc full system and booysen reeds i have put a 230 main jet what should my needle settin be anybody know? shot boys

hi guys wats up i have been reading some of the post members have made and they have helped alot, i live in south africa in drakensberg mountains and we are about 4000ft above sea level, i have an 02 blaster it has Kn filter and dmc full system and booysen reeds i have put a 230 main jet what should my needle settin be anybody know? shot boys

You really should be around a 260-290 range, even in high elevation with a pipe and no lid gonna need to go higher than 230! I:I

DMC calls for the needle to be rich also, it needs the stock needle to be at its richest setting at sea level.

It may be an idea to plug chop at 1/2 and 3/4 throrttle as well as WOT.

^^^^ yep, be careful mate......that 230 has got to be running lean and obviously you don't want to burn up your piston.

sup peeps im new to the 2 stroke scene and in desperate need of advice...i have a 2006 blaster with FMF q series spark arrestor and gold series fatty pipe with TORS removed, i'd like to remove the air box lid but when i do it just boggs down on full throttle, definantly too much air and not enough gas but what size jet would i go with at about 100 ft above sea level??? (stock carb and jets by the way)

I would get a 270, 280, and 290, start at the 290, and work down, doing plug chops.

but DO NOT RIDE IT UNTIL YOU REJET!!!

If you are running the stock #230 main jet with the FMF, you will be certainly be running too lean, unless your air filter is filthy.

It may seem to perform well, even better, but a lean mix can be confusing and do serious damage.

I would be running at least a #260 - #270with the lid on.

Plug chop before you ride again, to correct your jetting.

what do u mean by "plug chop"??? throttle response is definantly sluggish in the low rpms...definantly dont want to mess things up

Do a search for plug chops, it is a much aired topic.

My advice to you is, not to ride again until you change that main jet, or at least plug chop to see what you need to do.