what jet size do i need?

modedblasterftw

Jun 25, 2014
ok so i did have a wiseco forged .40 piston with a full dg pipe,uni air filter, boysen reeds, air box cover delete and light porting. with this set up i had a #290 main jet. now i will have a .80 vitos forged superstock piston,uni air fliter,vitos carbon fiber reeds,full race porting, air box cover delete,full dg pipe and a shaved head giving it about 16:1 compression meaning ill have to run 110 octane. so im lost as to how big i need to go anyone think they have a rough estimate?

that DG pipe wont let you feel the power of your porting. IMO they are junk.

secondly, i dont think you need straight 110 octane, maybe mix half 91 and half 110. plus the correct oil amounts

also, you list two different applications, choose one and then we can give you a jetting range

Stock carb? If so than it sounds like you need to go a little bigger to get out of it what is into it.. Also do you mean a shaved head or a re chambered head? If shaved be sure you check squish.. A plug chop will let you know where you stand on either a stock carb or an after market one..

Stock carb? If so than it sounds like you need to go a little bigger to get out of it what is into it.. Also do you mean a shaved head or a re chambered head? If shaved be sure you check squish.. A plug chop will let you know where you stand on either a stock carb or an after market one..
yea it is shaved. its not really in my budget to go to an aftermarket carb but i plan to eventually. i was thinking maybe a #360 to start during break in

that DG pipe wont let you feel the power of your porting. IMO they are junk.

secondly, i dont think you need straight 110 octane, maybe mix half 91 and half 110. plus the correct oil amounts

also, you list two different applications, choose one and then we can give you a jetting range
the first application is what it used to be the second is what it is now and ik dg is junk but its all i have at the moment also i was told by rick at rick ritters racing that i need to run straight 110

Everyone on here has the same opinion on the dg pipes, not really any better than stock. With that bottle necking your whole setup, you've really put a lot of money in to not get much out unless you change that pipe. You probably don't need to jet that high, but idk much on the numbers. Look around on ebay and you can get a used pipe cheap, just need to figure out where you want the power band to hit to find out which pipe suits you

Everyone on here has the same opinion on the dg pipes, not really any better than stock. With that bottle necking your whole setup, you've really put a lot of money in to not get much out unless you change that pipe. You probably don't need to jet that high, but idk much on the numbers. Look around on ebay and you can get a used pipe cheap, just need to figure out where you want the power band to hit to find out which pipe suits you
my brothers blaster blew up and he plans to put a street bike motor in it. so i may be able to take his exhaust. its extreamly hard to find but i belive its made by someone called power brothers. its a badass pipe i loved it on his blaster

ok so i did have a wiseco forged .40 piston with a full dg pipe,uni air filter, boysen reeds, air box cover delete and light porting. with this set up i had a #290 main jet. now i will have a .80 vitos forged superstock piston,uni air fliter,vitos carbon fiber reeds,full race porting, air box cover delete,full dg pipe and a shaved head giving it about 16:1 compression meaning ill have to run 110 octane. so im lost as to how big i need to go anyone think they have a rough estimate?
In my opinion you will be wasting time and money if you fit the DG pipe.

The pipe will do the mods you have made no favours.

If you persist with the pipe and the mods, jetting should be around #300 - #310.

You say that the compression ratio will be around 16:1 but a compression test may still leave you in the realm of a lower octane fuel.

A compression test will help determine what octane rating you need.

Break in is performed at no more than 3/4 throttle opening so there will be no need to worry that the main jet will not be large enough.

The main jet will not come into the jetting figures until over 3/4 throttle is obtained.

Leak test the engine before starting it, set the float level and adjust the idle as per specs.

Heat cycle, re tension the head and cylinder nuts, then ride 2 tanks of fuel at no more than 3/4 throttle.

Then is the time to worry about plug chops, not before.

Last edited:

If you persist with the pipe and the mods, jetting should be around #300 - #310.

You say that the compression ratio will be around 16:1 but a compression test may still leave you in the realm of a lower octane fuel.

Break in is performed at no more than 3/4 throttle opening so there will be no need to worry that the main jet will not be large enough.

The main jet will not come into the jetting figures until over 3/4 throttle is obtained.

Leak test the engine before starting it, set the float level and adjust the idle as per specs.

Heat cycle, re tension the head and cylinder nuts, then ride 2 tanks of fuel at no more than 3/4 throttle.

A compression test will help determine what octane rating you need.

whats your guys opinion on power pros pipes? thats the one that was on my brothers blaster. heres a picture. http://forums.everything2stroke.com/threads/37106-Blaster-Power-Pro-s-Exhaust

DMC Alien, FMF Fatty for low/mid power.

Toomey B1, or any right bend pipe for mid/high.

It depends on where you ride and where you need the power.

Anything is better than the DG.

I'm assuming that 16:1 is the corrected compression ratio if you think you need to run race gas. What formula are you using to come to this conclusion? I'd recommend posting a cranking PSI so that we can get on the same page.