what is best piston to cylinder clearance and proper ring gap specs

I agree. There's no reason why there should be that much gap I put trust in the man and gave him my funds. While talking to him he seemed to know what he was talking about. He ownes a mechanics shop and works on vehicles all day. Back to my question should I get a new used jug and find a different shop and bore to fit my piston or just buy a new piston and jug standard bore. How long will the piston I have last I honestly would be supprised if my rings alone make it a month without moving on piston and getting bound up in the cylinder

I would stop riding until you get this ironed out. You don't want to keep riding it and damage the piston, and drop all that into the bottom end. Just saying. If it was me, I would pick up a good, solid, oem jug with minimal bores on it, if not a standard bore, and have a piston matched to it.
There is no telling what that cylinder had been through, or what bore its on. You could always have it check though.
I would then send it to Ken. Give him a call. He's a nice guy. Prices are very reasonable and you get things back as they should be.

He's right here >>> http://www.kenoconnorracing.com/.

Here are some OEM cylinders on ebay right now...

This is an awesome one on its original bore $57 SHIPPED! \/ \/ \/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blaster-CYL...ash=item25b774e125:g:iocAAOSwKtVWt~Gv&vxp=mtr

Here's another \/ \/ \/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Blas...ash=item2108fc6be0:g:eSUAAOSwL7VWotAq&vxp=mtr

Here's another for $38 and FREE SHIPPING! \/ \/ \/

http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-06-Yamah...ash=item3d11df3b4a:g:eyIAAOSwFNZWxVvQ&vxp=mtr

Go check them out! They are really cheap now, because of all the cheap chinese ones on the market. Folks buy the chinese kit and then sell the quality original for cheap!

This is the original piston that was making noise when I bought it its a wiseco and it's a standard size but it was flopping around so it was also loos in there that's what borough me to get a new piston and bore

Attachments

• 20160228_202829.jpg
    20160228_202829.jpg
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 247
I say start with a new cylinder. That first one I posted is a really good price.

Are you pre-mixing? If so, what oil and what ratio?

That first jug looks good. Yes I'm pre mixing I'm using Lucas semi-synthetic I'm trying to keep it at 32:1

That piston looks to me like something migrated from the top to the bottom, or from the bottom to the top. Is your bottom end ok? Crank ok? Thrust washers and needle roller bearings on the crank ok?

Yea the crank is a new hot rods ck#144 came on it i took the complete motor off the blaster after I bought it and got a flashlight magnet and flushed the crank housing out. The guy I bought it from said it wouldent start so I found a reed petal broke off and lodged in the intake tube. So I took head off and discovered the old piston that alot of play in it like the new one does but at top dead I could see half the rings. That's when I took jug off and found the wiseco piston and crank they already put in it . I have had this blaster for about 1-1/2 months now.

Nèver answered who this azz clown is . Definitely need a new/different jug..

Don't worry about putting the shop, that's what forums are for.
I can't even imagine how it could get bigger up.:mad:

Yea the crank is a new hot rods ck#144 came on it i took the complete motor off the blaster after I bought it and got a flashlight magnet and flushed the crank housing out. The guy I bought it from said it wouldent start so I found a reed petal broke off and lodged in the intake tube. So I took head off and discovered the old piston that alot of play in it like the new one does but at top dead I could see half the rings. That's when I took jug off and found the wiseco piston and crank they already put in it . I have had this blaster for about 1-1/2 months now.
So the bottom end had metal junk in it that you flushed out with a magnet? Am I reading that right?
That's why that wiseco has huge deep gashes in it. It had chunks or debris drawn up from the bottom end. Sure those bearings are ok?

Reactions: OConnor Racing
Never found any metal. Just used a magnet to be shure it was like grime dirty oil/gas. I did to first bore with new piston did the oconnor break in and ran the first full tank easy. And disassembled after to check ring ware and piston to be shure and discovered the gappage. Bottom bear ring on rod is fine but did replace the wrist pin bearing it seemed to have slack in it had a tiny bit of side to side parallel on the pin itself installed so I ordered and replaced the upper

How do I get a hold of mr.oconner. I have watched alot of his vids he does exceptional work. I would like to see if I can mail him a new jug and piston and see if he will hook it up. If he does that type of machine work.