What happens when a Vitos stuffer crank explodes?

prolly to much damage to be worth it but jb weld can do wonders :p. most will laugh at the idea but i sealed 2 holes in the bottem of my cases (bigger then a bottle cap) on the bottem of my cases one on bottem between both cases, and the other going into the tranny. alittle as-atone fiberglass and tons of jb. hasent come free yet and i know it wont. if liked i got pics

Holy hell slick, thats carnage right there. never thought those could come apart like that.

prolly to much damage to be worth it but jb weld can do wonders :p. most will laugh at the idea but i sealed 2 holes in the bottem of my cases (bigger then a bottle cap) on the bottem of my cases one on bottem between both cases, and the other going into the tranny. alittle as-atone fiberglass and tons of jb. hasent come free yet and i know it wont. if liked i got pics

Nothing personal, I'D NEVER DO THAT! welll maybe in a trail fix but no permanat fix

I do have a positive note, I get to dissasemble another bottom end! Now if i could only figure out how it goes back together!

Holy hell slick, thats carnage right there. never thought those could come apart like that.

Me Niether, I wish i knew why! I have a fresh built motor sitting here for my 05 build with the same crank, and I kicking myself for not just going with a long rod stock crank now!

Hear of horror stories and seen pics but never thought it would happen to ME!!! 8-|

This might sound a little weird, but I'd actually kinda like for it to happen to me....

I have a scientific mind and would like to dissect a failure like that. I would want to know what was happening, when, how, what, and where.

This might sound a little weird, but I'd actually kinda like for it to happen to me....

I have a scientific mind and would like to dissect a failure like that. I would want to know what was happening, when, how, what, and where.

That is my point, was it something I overlooked? Running too hot? just my dumb luck?

Maybe upon dissasembly i will find something???? That sh*t is all through the bearing and makes a farting/sqeeking noise when ya turn it! will not spin all the way around however and one of the webs is bent about 1/8" in one spot.

Must be too much KOR power! :D

we've also had a member snap a vito's +3 right about at the web on the stator side. there's bound to be a bad one every now and again

That is my point, was it something I overlooked? Running too hot? just my dumb luck?

Maybe upon dissasembly i will find something???? That sh*t is all through the bearing and makes a farting/sqeeking noise when ya turn it! will not spin all the way around however and one of the webs is bent about 1/8" in one spot.

Must be too much KOR power! :D

It was probably just bad ass luck....

I do see about three large scratches up the side of the cylinder in the third pictures and a few burnish marks on the exhaust side and below the transfers. Hard to tell if that was there before the stuffers blew (which could explain the stuffers flying apart) or after.

The thing that sticks in my mind is I see a bunch of scraped plastic and what looks like burnt plastic but most of the stuffers are still complete (but in chunks). If it was burning from overheating, the plastic would have been coming off a little a time and burning to the cylinder wall, not coming off in big chunks. However, if the big chunks had been going around inside the engine more than a few times, they wouldn't be big chunks anymore. It looks like it came apart in a hurry right at the very end....

It was probably just bad ass luck....

I do see about three large scratches up the side of the cylinder in the third pictures and a few burnish marks on the exhaust side and below the transfers. Hard to tell if that was there before the stuffers blew (which could explain the stuffers flying apart) or after.

The thing that sticks in my mind is I see a bunch of scraped plastic and what looks like burnt plastic but most of the stuffers are still complete (but in chunks). If it was burning from overheating, the plastic would have been coming off a little a time and burning to the cylinder wall, not coming off in big chunks. However, if the big chunks had been going around inside the engine more than a few times, they wouldn't be big chunks anymore. It looks like it came apart in a hurry right at the very end....

Yes only one side is missing!

Yes only one side is missing!

Well, I would expect that if previous engine seizures or current engine damage were to blame, both sides would be loose and coming apart.

You may have just slipped tripped and fell into an actual product failure... I'd be calling vito's and emailing those photos to them. Not that I would expect them to make it good, just for their information....

The offer still stands, if your son wants to pay for that ride I'll fix those cases

Well, I would expect that if previous engine seizures or current engine damage were to blame, both sides would be loose and coming apart.

You may have just slipped tripped and fell into an actual product failure... I'd be calling vito's and emailing those photos to them. Not that I would expect them to make it good, just for their information....

The offer still stands, if your son wants to pay for that ride I'll fix those cases

Thanks alot! I:I

I'm gonna take a video of the crank motion tomorrow and take off the flywheel as it sounds like it destroyed the stator!

Asked my son if he smelled a plastic burning smell at all?? UHHHHH ya that's why i shut it off! Never told me that till now! Kids, some ya just want to knock the hell out!

Sorry to see the carnage, dude.

~slow guy alert~ What's a plastic stuffer block?

Okay....thanks. So what do the other manufacturers' use as stuffer blocks instead of plastic?