what do i do

bmxboy5

Mar 22, 2010
Richmond, Indiana
ok, so last september my brother rode my blaster down the road to his friends house while i was out of town, he ran it out of gas and left it sit out side his friends house that night. Well it got stolen so we reported it to the police, the very next day it was found in another town ditched in a field. but we reported it to a different town so the town that found it had no clue it was stolen. Well we had no clue it was found until the other day, i saw someone riding it, so i call the police and they go and deal with it. well the thing is, since they didnt know it was stolen it has been sitting at the tow company since they are the ones that the police called to tow it in, and it has been sitting there since september, and its was $90 pick up fee plus $20 for every day that it sits in there. so if you do the math, its March right now and thats a lot of money, well they said i can get it back it back but i have to have a title or bill of sale, well all I have is a bill of sale but i dont have a vin number it was scratched off from all the riding and manufacturing i have dont to it,but im not real sure if the bill of sale is right, im not sure if you have to have the bill of sale notorized or what. they also said i will have to still pay the fee :(, but people have told me that by law since it was stolen from me that the towing company is holding stolen property which is illegal. does anyone have any help or information that would help me get my quad back without paying over $4,000. thanks. please e-mail or message me

Best thing you can do is go to the police department with something saying that your atv is in fact at the impound then have them release the bike to you. Do you have a title or Bill of sale?

If you get somthing saying the bike is yours and the ok from the police you can work out a price with the impound. Other than that your pretty much screwed. My best friend is a Tow truck driver and we have had a few quads come in and never get paid for. They ended up going to auction. After a certain amount of time a dealer is alowed by law to file for a lost title and claim your stuff.

I have the bill of sale, it has the date i bought it, and our signautres, and has all the details about the quad, also the police told me that i have to run the bill of sale through them then can work out a deal with the tow company, but every time i call, the officer that is supposed to deal with it, is always off shift, but yes they are the ones that told me its in the impound lot, after i called them and told them i saw it. this is just B.S. cuz my quad got stolen from me, so i gotta pay the price

Yea man thats how they make there money at the impound lots for sure. Id talk it over with them but you may be better off buying a new blaster :(

When you called your local cops, did they make a police report of it? I would tell the police department who found it to take a bill of sale and go pound sand with it and to give you your quad back! I'd call your local cops, the ones you reported it with and see if they can help. If they made a report of it it's still on file somewhere, and that should be all you need!
The towing company is not really at fault and not storing stolen preperty. Is was more impounded. They didnt steal it.
My friends a DE state cop........ I didnt look to see where your at but if you have no luck, maybe he can make a few calls for ya!
Sounds like someones son from either the police station that found it, or someones son in the towing company is enjoying a free Blaster! Thats fishy to me! It's yours!!!!!!
Either way, hassel the hell out of anyone and everyone, including the guy who has it now, and get it back!

yeah. thing is i have no money and no job. and i had a lot of money into my blaster. i would like it back. but so theres nothing i can do about them holding stolen property?

i know they didnt steal it but i just figured they are holding stolen property, and im in richmond, indiana, and yes the cops that found it already pulled up the police report, but they still want to see a bill of sale

I dont know Man just sounds like its gonna cost more than you got into it. You gotta weigh your options there. But you may need a lawyer or a friend in the police department ;)

yeah, i have no friends in the police, but i thought about maybe gettin a lawer but idk, i mean i bought the quad for $2,000, and put about $800 of aftermarket parts and boring it out and what not, so i would like it back, im gonna call them today and see if they would trade it for something of mine?

i know they didnt steal it but i just figured they are holding stolen property, and im in richmond, indiana, and yes the cops that found it already pulled up the police report, but they still want to see a bill of sale

Thats BS!!!!!!
I'll write you a bill of sale for it!
I would threaten them with legal action..... Cops or no cops!!!!
Just keep breaking their balls and call them everyday!!!!
They'll get tired of hearing from you over a quad and you'll get it back!
Why not? You got nothing to lose at this point!

lol thanks i have a bill of sale though but like i mentioned before it dont have a vin #. but call who every day, the cops or the towing company?

Last edited:
i'd take them the bill of sale and see what they say, and just keep bugging the sh*t out of them and try to get it back. they'll be sick of the troubles over a quad. hopefully you get it back man

Yeah!
Call the cops that found it, call the cops you reported it to and call the towing company and I'd even stop over the kids house who has it now!
Like I said, you got nothing to lose now so just make them tired of hearing your voice and seeing your face! lol

i already tried, and my brother wont pay for one, he dont have money to. and yeah its not sitting at anyones house its sitting at the towing company, they towing company is who wont give it back until i run my bill of sale through the police, but i also dont have vin number so im gonna bring in pics of me riding it though, but i just called the towing place and they said its $20 for every day it sits in there, but he said he will work out a deal and let me take it for $2,000 which is still sh*tty cuz its my quad im not the one who stole it and ditched in in a field. but i also just called the police, im supposed to talk to the cop that found the quad in the field, but he is out right now, so i left a message.......

well i had a lot of aftermarket parts and stuff in mine, its prob worth bout $2200 but yeah im tryin to trade a car or a dirt bike for a new quad, its been gone since september and i miss riding