what can you tell me about +4 swing arms

coggonbrien

Oct 12, 2010
Iowa
just curious are the one's people are buying made from scratch and modified/extended originals? anything special about the design or just longer?

Thanks!
David

StrokedTater makes a long travel swingarm for use with the 400ex shock.
I have a +3.5.
Quad feels bigger and much more stable when downshifting coming out of a turn, the wheels are actully on the ground now.

also any close pics of how the top of the shock is mounted. did you have to use the shock linkage i'm seeing on ebay?

Thanks,
David

You will have to send him a message, I know the long travel one is more then his regular one. I bought mine with extended a arms that he made to so i forget what i paid.
A good 400ex shck can be had for 50 or sometimes cheaper.

No linkage used . Ken o connor has 400ex shock bushing for sale that fits the blaster.Strokedtater might even make them but im not 100% sure.
i dont have any close up pics but im sure someone will post some.

I run a swingarm shop +4 , 250 off eBay and it allows you to get on the pipe faster , and helps keep the front wheels on the ground . Combined with a 400 or 450r rear shock it makes it feel like a bigger quad for sure

yea i am a decent sized guy so i'm considering a +3.5 or 4 and shifting the rear fender back for some leg room.

David

thanks for the videos 99.

by the way without adjusting the shock do you see increased ride height and more travel due to extra length?

also what do you folks do for hydro brake lines? just fab complete lines?