What are Banshee's like?

Xero

Jan 8, 2012
England, UK.
What are the Banshee's like? handling wise? are they easy to throw around like the blasters? reason im asking is I'm already regretting selling my blasters and want to get another 2stroke project bike.. but blasters just dont do it anymore after riding my predator :( so im thinking of a project banshee .. but only if they handle similar to the blasters.. I:I

I dont think they handle anything like a blaster, but they are much heavier. The banshee is far from the best handling quad ever made. I love my banshee and will never sell it, and with suspension upgrades banshees can handle great. But, its not going to be anywhere near as good as a 450, 400ex, or 250R.

Well, you are trying to compare "throwability" of a full size quad to a not so full size quad. I can throw a banshee around just fine but I bet I could throw a blaster about 100'

A Banshee with stock suspension doesn't handle very well, IMO. They are (obviously) much heavier than a Blaster, and are more difficult to whip around on a whim. In my experience with owning an A-arm Banshee, the powerband was narrower than on a Blaster and came on in one huge hit, starting at about half throttle and going from there. Therefore, it was difficult to "ease" into the powerband just enough to break the rear end loose and whip it around. Most of the time, Id punch it too hard and the tires would just spin. Lol.

I had an aftermarket front end for my Banshee sitting in the shed, but sadly I never installed it before I sold the quad. I have heard that Banshees with aftermarket A-arms and shocks handle rather well.

my banshee handles pretty good but its nothing like a blaster. you cant just wipe a banshee around like a blaster. my banshee throws me around more then i throw it

i'm not sure how front suspension would help ? and i'm sure DDQ is gonna disagree with me here, (i've seen superman)
3 of my buddies all bought banshees one summer, in hopes of keeping up with my blaster in the trails,
(fail, it was the rider, not the bike, LOL)
first thing every one of them did was ask me to jump it, as i was the only "jumper" among us, and every time i tried, on a few different jumps, the shee's would nose dive horribly, no matter what i did...blip the throttle on the face, rev it in the air, compress suspension before take-off, body position, ect.
now this was on trail/strip job jumps, not track jumps where a nose dive down the backside is desired.
i hate them "in the air", or i'd have one

they can be jumped, when my dad was around 20 or so he had a banshee and he jumped it to flat in the dunes all the time, i have pictures to prove it, so it can be done but awk^^not sure why yours nose dived?

Banshees jump fine, but there is some truth to what Awk said. Banshees are front heavy compared to most quads and they take a lot of getting used to. It took me about 10 hrs on a track before I felt comfortable enough to jump 100ft+.
But, what Awk experienced would have gone away of he owned one of those banshees and spent a lot more time on it.

And just to make sure I was clear, aftermarket suspension will help a banshee handle better but it will never handle as good as a 450 or 250R.

img_43752.jpg

I love my shee, but my blaster is more fun in the trails.

when the wife don't go trail riding with us I take her z400 you can toss it around easy and it has more managble power than the shee or blaster.

I need to put shocks on my blaster to make it ride smoother.

I want a blaster, with shee power, 250r handling, z400 compfort and fuel economy. I don't want much do I, just the perfect quad.

A friend of mine has a Banshee with a 404 kit installed....

I wouldn't even try to take it down a trail, it barely has enough torque to get moving. However, once you get to what feels like 8,000 rpms, the planets align and you are thrown into orbit. So the only option off the line is to pin the throttle, stand over the bars and dump the clutch... And pray that it spins, rather than hook.

I've never been on anything with such a violent, sudden power-band of epic proportions.

Reactions: BlastieSa
If it barely has enough torque to get rolling something is very wrong with that bike. I bet that 404 kit is from Trinity with TT porting.

Banshees can be built to be great trail quads.

A friend of mine has a Banshee with a 404 kit installed....

I wouldn't even try to take it down a trail, it barely has enough torque to get moving. However, once you get to what feels like 8,000 rpms, the planets align and you are thrown into orbit. So the only option off the line is to pin the throttle, stand over the bars and dump the clutch... And pray that it spins, rather than hook.

I've never been on anything with such a violent, sudden power-band of epic proportions.

I started cracking up when I heard that lol