What air filter do I use?

Jakerz

Jun 6, 2013
Minnesota
I bought this blaster a week ago and looked in the airbox the air filter was stock but it looked like sh*t there was no way of cleaning it , What air filter should I get now? and do I need to change the jets? My blaster is a 03

Last edited by a moderator:
Any change in air filters may cause a change in breathing and jetting should be confirmed by a plug chop.

Going from stock to a Uni filter can make a difference of 1 or 2 jet sizes depending on just how much and what oil is used to coat it.

No toils suck. Blaaster is right, you should check your jetting. The flow should be similar with a UNI to the stock foam filter but you just got your quad a week ago and it's better to be safe than sorry.

You can drill holes or add these Uni Air Box Filter Vents Blaster Warrior ATV Dirtbike | eBay or this EHS Racing Blaster Air Box Yamaha Airbox Outerwears | eBay
I've got a vented box but I don't like it because it lets water in.
If you've got the money and plan on building your motor a lot this is a pretty good option:
Yamaha Blaster Aluminum Air Box Airbox Intake CFM Performance | eBay
It requires a different filter

I have a CFM airbox and it still lets water in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that makes spending $150 on one seem even less enticing. Maybe il try an outerwears lid and some baffling under the seat, I suppose I could just put a stock lid back on too.

Yup I was pretty disapointed. I still like it though, I just try not to rip through the bigger puddles.

any change in air filters may cause a change in breathing and jetting should be confirmed by a plug chop.

Going from stock to a uni filter can make a difference of 1 or 2 jet sizes depending on just how much and what oil is used to coat it.

/\ /\ /\ /\​