Well I'm new...here at least XD

99LRDblaster

Jan 25, 2011
Delphos/Columbus, Ohio
Well it's been a LOOONG time since I have been back on the quad forums. :D I remember WAAAY back in the day when I was on bluetraxx and blasterhq was the places to be....don't think I have posted on either since 2005? Well anyways, a short bio of myself. I grew up in a small town and within city limits. I had no initial interest in ATVs until my sophmore year of HS when I went out to a friends house and I had a chance to ride a Honda Recon....lame I know. Still though for a first time that was pretty thrill seeking. :D After that I went out and purchase my 1st quad, a 99 Blaster from my brother in law when I was 16. It was almost completely stock minus the baffle being out of the exhaust and it had a +3 swingarm...it was actually pretty smooth and had a pretty linear powerband then....burnouts were pretty easy with the linear powerband.

Then the modding began. I already had more than enough experience with engines and beckoned for more. I'm a research freak so I spent long hours researching via bluetraxx and blasterhq at the time. Then back in 03?...can't even remember it's been so long. :-/ .....I decided to do somewhat of a large all in one project after I supposedly needed a rebuild....long story. At any rate, I sent out my cylinder and head to Hollywood Dirt Productions(heard he went under :( ) and had him do the Stage 3 port and polish job, milled and rechambed head, bored and rifled the carb out to 30mm, purchased an LRD pipe, added uni filter to air box covered with outerwears cover, works dual rate fronts, AC front bumper, douglas rear rims, Tag X5 bars on Scott grips, Boyesen Carbon Fiber Reeds on a slightly ported stock cage, Wiseco Pro Lite piston, and on and on. Busted the blaster out and got it back and rebuilt it myself. Good times riding. I:I

After HS, I had to take off and move to Columbus to attend The Ohio State University.....in other words....the blaster sat in my parent's garage for almost 5 years without being ridden outside of maybe once a year in my parent's small city yard. :( It's kind of sad really. I tried selling it 5 years ago, but it's kind of hard to sell it while staying busy and working 2 hours away from where it is located when you can't always meet up with buyers and everything and the price has depreciated a lot more simply due to time. At any rate, I'm 24 and temporarily back at my parent's house before I start up my new occupation this summer in Columbus again. This is my chance to sell....refresh it a little bit, and most of all....go out and actually ride it off road for the 1st time in 5-6 years. I:I I joined because I had a few questions about the blaster and being the researcher, it's always interesting to see what's out there in terms of info as it's always useful to learn and get customer reports. I will inevitably sell the Blaster, but won't forget it. Always nice to have that small quad feel that you can toss around since I'm only 5'7". I'll be out of the offroad scene for a while, but I went out to my friend's house for a while and rode his YFZ and Outlaw and I'm interested in quads all over again....but will be living in Columbus, sooooo :-/ My main interest is cars and I will be looking into getting a sports car here in the future, but down the road, I'll be looking into getting a fast 4 stroke like a KTM 525XC and a Banshee on the side and maybe I'll just keep it in the parent's garage so I have some machines to go out and ride with the old friend's once in a while. ;) At any rate, here is a vid of my blaster and the mod list. Nice to see the blaster community still thriving. I:I

Mods:
-Trenga Racing/LRD Specialties Chrome Pipe and Blue Powdercoated Silencer
-Full MX Stage 3 Port and Polish with rifled exhaust port
-Milled and rechambered head
-Stock 26mm Mikuni carb bored and rifled to 30mm
-Vito's Needle
-Bored .050 over
-Wiseco Pro-Lite Forged Piston
-Boyesen Pro Series carbon fiber reeds on stock reed cage
-Uni Air Filter
-Outerwears Air Box Screen Cover
-Tag X5 Handlebars
-Scott Grips
-+3 swingarm
-Flipped front rims
-T.M. Designworks Oil Injection Block Off(runs on pre-mix)
-Nac's Racing Gripper Seat Cover
-Polished Throttle Cover
-Motion Pro Brake Cable
-AC Front Aluminum Bumper
-Front Works Dual Rate Shocks
-14 tooth front sprocket upgrade
-Rear Douglas .190 Polished Aluminum Rims
-20" Rear Maxxis Razr Tires
-19" Front ITP Holeshot Tires
-Shaved Front Fenders
-Blue Painted Wheel Hubs

Also Includes:
-18" Carlisle Turf Tamers on stock rear rims
-Stock front tires
-Stock rear swingarm
-Extra Chain
-Full Clymer manual
-Oil Injection Kit
-Stock Brake cable
-Stock Headlight
-Rear Taillight
-Stock handlebars
-Stock full exhaust system
-V-Force Delta 2 reed cage

Last edited by a moderator:
that's a good looking blaster dude. idk what you're looking to get out of it, but if it doesn't sell then perhaps you should part it out.

idk, we was drunk at out-r-inn, and it was like part of it. but that pizza tasted so good. not sure if it was because we was so hungry and drunk or what.

that's a good looking blaster dude. idk what you're looking to get out of it, but if it doesn't sell then perhaps you should part it out.

I know. :( I could make more by parting it out, but I just can't find the heart to do it after putting all the work into it. A couple people have requested the LRD pipe, but I didn't want to sell it because the engine needs a pipe to run with the severity of the port work and other mods. A LOOONG time ago I tried selling it for $2000...probably 5-6 years ago. I went down to $1500, but it's a hard sell knowing how inexpensive 400exs have become since the 450s have been released, plus there isn't much of a market for blasters in my area....so I might be bumping it down some more once spring comes around and people are interested again.

idk, we was drunk at out-r-inn, and it was like part of it. but that pizza tasted so good. not sure if it was because we was so hungry and drunk or what.

Probably because you were drunk. :D Next time, get a group of 5 or more friends, throw in some money, and order a Buckeye Pizza from Adriaticos......you will love me for offering that suggestion. They are located on 11th by the south campus freshman dorms closer to Neil Ave. Little pizza shop....that pizza is just absolute sex.

oh that was the only time i ever been on OSU campus, was there for a bacholer party, me and a friend killed a 12 pack before noon, meet up with the party, went to out-r-inn, drank more, then had pizza, took a bus ride to brother, drank till like 1am, walked back to the church by out-r-inn and then drove my car to a holiday inn that was downtown. that walk was so f*cking long.

Yea, I drive by it all the time. :D I'm originally from Delphos and currently in Delphos(near Lima), but lived in Columbus and am moving back to Columbus before summer.

my brother is currently going to school at unoh in lima. we live in marysville, and i'm sure going from delphos to columbus, you have to drive rt 33. i can almost see 33 from my house if it werent for the neighborhoods.

oh that was the only time i ever been on OSU campus, was there for a bacholer party, me and a friend killed a 12 pack before noon, meet up with the party, went to out-r-inn, drank more, then had pizza, took a bus ride to brother, drank till like 1am, walked back to the church by out-r-inn and then drove my car to a holiday inn that was downtown. that walk was so f**cking long.

Wait did you walk from the Out R Inn to the downtown Holiday Inn? That is a pretty good walk. With a campus the size of tOSU, walking isn't that big of a deal. I used to walk 15 city blocks to class every day and had no problem with it. 7 of those 15 blocks were in the campus area. It's a big campus.

no we walked from brothers to a church by out-r-inn then drove my car to the downtown holiday inn, i shouldn't have been driving lol

my brother is currently going to school at unoh in lima. we live in marysville, and i'm sure going from delphos to columbus, you have to drive rt 33. i can almost see 33 from my house if it werent for the neighborhoods.

Yea all those UNOH people. :D Yea you take 33 almost the whole way. Go past the Honda plant and Marysville where my dad used to work....he works at the Honda Anna Engine Plant now. I used to meet up with a girl halfway in Marysville and take her back to my place in Columbus and pound that. I:I Too bad she moved to LA for modeling. :(

no we walked from brothers to a church by out-r-inn then drove my car to the downtown holiday inn, i shouldn't have been driving lol

Oh I see. Yea, that's a decent size walk. That's a couple blocks more than I walked to class every day. Everybody in Columbus walks though through those areas. It's healthier, free, and you run into people and find stuff to do along the way. It beats trying to dick with traffic through the short north/high st.

ya walking is good, but when drunk, not sure where you are going, it isn't good. lol.
we just knew the direction to walk and the whole time we was like, where the f*ck is this church.

it is right across the street from out-r-inn, by a volleyball court, tennis court and dorms i think. not really to fimilar with OSU campus. on and i think it was a UDF there too.

it is right across the street from out-r-inn, by a volleyball court, tennis court and dorms i think. not really to fimilar with OSU campus. on and i think it was a UDF there too.

Oh ok I know which one you are talking about. They have a giant steel cross in the ground that sticks up on Woodruff Ave, by Pomerene Hall. It's kind of weird because it's on campus yet not related to tOSU.