well I need your guys help again with a truck

blasters/banshees

Jan 11, 2009
Ny
Well Im not gonna be making as much money as I though I was going to This summer and now im not buying my eschalade I was going to, but my dad borught up the idea of a nissan armada. The reson why I picked this one is because I have a cold air intake for it,throttle body spacer,and a full flowmaster for it. We had all this stuff on our old nissan armada and they are real fast trucks If i had about 2500$ to spends on motor mods what would you guys pick...............im already doing 4 kicker l7 15in subs, and 24in rims and tints all around so thats all done im now looking at putting 2500$ into motor mods what you guys think I should do?

well if youre 15 then an escalade aint a good first car in my opinion. but i say buy a silverado 4 door. or an armada. but i think escalades are over rated. my first car was a 76 nova with inline 6 and 4 speed on the floor. my second... 1974 datsun 620 pickup

So what kind of electrical power/rear batts/alternator are you gonna run to power those L7s? What kind of amps are you running them on?

im going to run either rockford or hyfonics amps and Im not sure yet how much extra battries I need I was thinking 2 or 3, I dont have the system setup yet but its going into the truck when I get it and of course im going to have to upgrade the alternater deffently but its not the time yet I will have to see cause....only thing i have done right now for it is the box

how many cubic feet do they need? are you running dividers?

to be stright up honest my dads freind build the box I would get pics up but I cant find the charger for my camra. and if you guys wanna no how im getting the tints and rims......im gonna trade my cr85 for these rims that a freind of my dads and this guy ownes a bodyshop and stuff and is doing my tints on the head and tail lights and all the windows for as cheap as he can. Now seroisly what should I spend this 2500$ into the motor what type of mods and from where

Lol, dumbass has a big ass suv and is running 4 15s in a sealed box. Talk about wasted potential. Im not calling you a bullshitter, i just think youre stupid for buying kicker in the first place, now youre running 4 15s sealed in an SUV.

Lol, dumbass has a big ass suv and is running 4 15s in a sealed box. Talk about wasted potential. Im not calling you a bullshitter, i just think youre stupid for buying kicker in the first place, now youre running 4 15s sealed in an SUV.

hows that stupied kickers are supposed to be run in a sealed box they sounds the best okay so please tell me what system you think I should run that will have this ammount of power, like I said I didnt buy the subs yet but what you think would be better 2 18in btL's?

save that 2500 to put gas in that f*ckin pig....go on ebay and type in volfenhag...they have awesome subs 12's and 15's....they are cheap and last forever...i have a set of 12's that i bought when i was 17...im 23 now and i just gave them to my brother so he can bang them in his truck....id go with either a ported or bandpass box in a suv....

Well, kickers are designed to get loud, but they sound like absolute garbage as far as sound quality. Sealed boxes are for SQ not straight loudness. Id put them in a ported box, around 16cf net, probably tuned @ 32 or 34 hz. Youll need around 20ft of external gross space to work with if you wanna do those 4 15s ported. If you cant put them in the right box, youre wasting your time. I dont think youll have any more than 10cf net back there to work with though. Might be able to do 3 15s" but 2 18"s have slightly more cone area and would be louder.

I can take my 2 15s ported on 2kw and blow 4 sealed out of the water, hell mine was way louder than a guy with 6 12s running more power than mine. Its all in the enclosure though.

But to run just the sub stage for 4 L7s youll atleast need an HO alt, 4 runs of 1/0 to the back, and probably a battery bank of atleast 4 100ah batteries. A good rule of thumb is 100ah of reserve capacity per 1kw of power. Id run probably 1500w to each one, and get the dual 2 ohm models for better wiring options. Look into audiopipe AP1500 mono amps on ebay, solid amps for a good price and do rated power.

You need to drop your budget on engine mods, its not a racecar, its a nissan SUV. If youre serious about the sound then youll need to budget yourself atleast 2000 more to finish the entire thing, this is given you do all the work yourself, and already have the L7s. If you have to buy the L7s, budget another 1200. IIRC theyre about 300 a piece on ebay. Audiopipe makes really good stuff for the money, look into it on ebay.

Put the extra cash somewhere else. The Armada has more than enough juice with over 300hp stock.

Loud exhaust on a Jap truck just doesn't fit right either. Leave that to the domestics. I've got a Nissan Titan in canteen green with black windows, cooper zeons on charcoal 5-spoke wheels, and a Kenwood DDX514 touchscreen. Clean, simple, and I get compliments on it all the time. Do what makes you happy, but it's easy to make nice trucks like this look, sound, and feel tacky real quick.

Save your money FOR GAS!!! They typically get 11-13mpg the city, and even 10 or less if you've got a heavy foot. Most I've ever seen in mine is 14.5 straight highway with a tailwind, ha!

Oh how I remember the days of delivering pizzas and digging for change in the couch cushions when I was 16. :(