Well, check out our new toy!

1995blaster

Jul 30, 2009
Well as i have mentioned in many other threads my dad buys and sells cars on the side to make money. This time he bought an old jeep, i was a little nervous he had bit off more then he could chew on this, it had been sitting for years and he had not even seen it turn over. He tried to start it and the starter was bad. So here we are starter,starter solenoid, fuel filter,pump and lots of smaller things later. It runs has a lil chatter which pretty much all older straight 6 cyl jeeps do, i believe its all lifter rattle.
So we got to drive it and its fun as hell, it was just around the back yard, it is high geared lil 3 speed but has so much bottom end, and 4x4 all works great! Clutch feels nice and grabby brakes are nice and smooth steering is tight(remember nothing is power). My dad purchased it but i am seriously considering buying it for a toy since i really dont wanna start modding my daily driver (chevy in my sig).

Heres a lil start up vid first time its been started up pretty much in years, it smoked at first as you see in the video but after 15 min or so in the yard it cleared up almost completly and after driving a bit and changing the oil i think it will help even more.

Remember this is not cleaned up at all. We are gonna fix all the rust bedliner the floors paint everything and bedliner the floorboards and throw some seat covers on. Its a mud buggy toy not a show jeep. I think with some vision and time it wiill look alright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plans are really not much, if i end up getting it i will be doing a little more then my dad would since he is gonna try and sell it for a profit.

My plans if i end up getting it from it are

Fog lights
cd player/speakers
bedliner the floor fix the couple rust wholes
take off the back gas tank holder thing
seat covers
new gauges
rattle can the bumpers,engine compartment,inner fenders, fender flares, small lil pieces
maybe some other smaller things but not really a whole bunch.

Nice, that should be fun to rip around in. Those 4.0L straight 6's are a good reliable engine!

Nice find man, those older jeep I6 4x4s are great muddin machines. I wouldn't drive on daily cause of their notorious gas guzzling lol

This is a jeep me and my friends always went mud bombing in lol

9.jpg

and yes that's a rubber ducky on the antenna

This one has huge but nOt really that aggressive of tread soni may get sOme different tires soon.

Here is a price list of the first things im going to do to it.
Fog lights $30
Bedliner $80
Rattle can $10
Seats&or covers $50
Patch Metal $25
Bolts $5
I already have a cd player
Later on maybe after u get a few bucks I will do these things.
Meatier tires
Exterior body work
Aftermarket gauges
Winch
Pedal covers $20
Chrome knobs $10
Chrome valve cover
And probably some other things, and remember and am still considering if u want to buy this from my dad or not. I would have to pay for insurance on two vehicles and maintenance.

Last edited: