welding hood

armyboyjared

StrokeMe2x
Apr 5, 2013
Knox, PA
Looking for a good auto darkening hood...preferably Miller, Lincoln, or Hobart. If you happen to have one laying around pm me.

How about a Jackson true sight? I have the filter only, it requires a Jackson Halo X hood. I can throw in some replacement inner and outer lens. I have a Jackson NexGen filter as well, a Jackson shadow hood is all you need or can be used with a Halo X. I have both of them at work. Both in great shape

Reactions: dirtysquared
yeah i was just looking at those on egay as well...let me see if i can find a good deal on the hood and i might take u up on one of those...

i have the hobart "impact" in camo not for sale but i really like it

if i ever break it i plan to buy just a black one and paint it like iron man's helmet.

the walmart near me has Lincoln auto darkening hoods
yeah i saw those too, but blasterfieds making me a helluva deal on this jackson truesight for just a little more than one of those.
i have the hobart "impact" in camo not for sale but i really like it

if i ever break it i plan to buy just a black one and paint it like iron man's helmet.
yeah they seem like a nice hood also...i looked at those tonight at the local tractor farm supply...i think they were around 130 there.

yeah i saw those too, but blasterfieds making me a helluva deal on this jackson truesight for just a little more than one of those.

yeah they seem like a nice hood also...i looked at those tonight at the local tractor farm supply...i think they were around 130 there.

i paid $150 last year and i see they are $140 at fleet farm this year.

Had a jackson and two weeks after I got it the damn thing was turning purple when I would strike an arc. Now I have the Lincoln viking 2450 series hood and I love it. Had for about a month now and mo issues. Jackson are nice if you are using it for light welding. Maybe its because im welding 10 hours a day. That may be why my Jackson pooped out. Miller digital elites are sweet as well. But you have to be careful. If you drop it and it lands on the top of the lens it will crack.

Had a jackson and two weeks after I got it the damn thing was turning purple when I would strike an arc. Now I have the Lincoln viking 2450 series hood and I love it. Had for about a month now and mo issues. Jackson are nice if you are using it for light welding. Maybe its because im welding 10 hours a day. That may be why my Jackson pooped out. Miller digital elites are sweet as well. But you have to be careful. If you drop it and it lands on the top of the lens it will crack.

I'm not going to say that Jackson is the best....but! I have the same Jackson auto shade lens for the past 6 years welding in extreme conditions welding Monday through Friday 10 hours a day. Running pulse at 600 ipm, and standing 10" from the weld time after time is not "light duty". If you think the filters I posted in the first post of this thread are for "light duty" do some research.

My bad dude. Didnt see that part of the thread. No reason to get all pissed off about it. So you had better luck with jackon. I didnt say they were trash. Maybe mine was just defective. I know what is like running those kind of welds. You need a good hood.

My bad dude. Didnt see that part of the thread. No reason to get all pissed off about it. So you had better luck with jackon. I didnt say they were trash. Maybe mine was just defective. I know what is like running those kind of welds. You need a good hood.

I was in no way pissed off :) just didnt want anyone getting misinformed of a good quality product. Lincoln is a good product too, but to each his own.

I can agree with that. Sorry for assuming you were pissed. My job provides us with jackson nexgen if we dont want to use our own. I had mine and I liked it. Not sure what happened but it turns purple for about 2 seconds when you first strike an arc. I didnt have any complaints about it up untill that happened.