Weird Carburetor

Goldfox_32

Dec 23, 2013
Northwest arkansas
image.jpeg
Need help figuring out what carb this is on a 03 blaster I believe have checked that yet it's a mikuni but the part that the tors would screw too is smaller it had a cap and everything to make it work and fits to on everything but defiantly does not look like the stock carb

Looks like an old zinc street bike carb. Probably pretty hard to pinpoint exactly what bike.

a main jet # would help a lil pin pointing it out
and it looks like the choke knob is missing/fuel enrichment. ect, or you took it off but that would help as well:)

and if you could measure the mm diameter of it:)

Where do I measure and I'm taking it apart now to look at jet and yea choke is broke or missing lol and would it even work on a blaster or should I start looking to buy a carb

or should I start looking to buy a carb

you answered that with the pic :)

solder repair of cracked brass float :eek:

thats a hot mess !!!!!!

do not reinstall that on a blaster, find a used stock vm26 carb

Reactions: jvb
Some sob sold me a wheeler with this pos I'm looking for a stock carb now but what can I do with this one hang it on Christmas tree lol I was curious to what it went to to maybe sell it or give it away

jesus :D
even if i got the quad for free
i would still toss that carb.
cut your losses and get another carb/that has not been mangled.
no more guessing your out like a few dollars lol:D

Nice work bluesman thankyou now the mystery is at rest haha hey I got a carb for sale Wana buy it lol jk now I can put it in my shop with a name and never use it lol

It's amazing the lengths people will go to trying to get something running /somewhat rideable, especially if they are about to sell it.
The little CR I bought had straight water in the radiator, a bad hose clamp causing a leak and the wrong spark plug, if it were screwed all the way in it would almost touch the piston crown. We are talking maybe $10 worth of parts !

If you are havery trouble getting a vm26ss a vm28 from a 90's model yz80 has the same outer dimensions and bolts up, they aren't as simple to jet as the stocker tho.

Reactions: Goldfox_32
I ordered a stock carb I have 3 blaster now I got this one for next to nothing so not out anything just time on waiting lol guy thought it was locked up but it was just a bad kick starter and obevously the wrong carb lol idk if it ever ran with that carb but I hope not it has compression and passed airleak now just need carb to get here and I'll have number 3 going

Sweet , it's always easier to go with the stock carb, especially if the bike is mostly stock, mikuni's cryptic needle numbering is enough to drive one away , especially since the vm28's in their oem yz80 form don't have an available p-6 needle jet.

But still interesting that the POwner put this carb on, poll could never get it jetted with that brazed float like that.