Weak Spark. Riding In an Hour!

blasterbogger

Mar 10, 2010
Miami,Florida
Bought a bike with a huge airleak. I took the motor out inspected it and found a huge crack/hole in the reeds. So i took this motor and slapped it on my Orange frame and was kicking and kicking but nothing. This motor started on the other frame so i know the stator is good. Soo then i took the plug of and kicked it over and a weak spark shoots out. What is the solution to this? Im going to be riding in a hour so i need help FAST . Thank You.

first change the plug. if that doens't work you need to ohm out the stator. I would try swapin coils if you have an extra. also check all your connections from the stator to the coil

Check your wiring connections , could be a bad connection to the harness , could be a bad plug wire , look for cracks in the outer insulation , the ends of the plug wire can become burned out so trimming a little off the end and re-crimping on the connectors can fix a resistance problem . Start simple and go from there .
Good Luck

Went out to check things. Stator is good. New plug. Good coil. Found out that i had the whit/red wire connected with the yellow/red wire stupid mistake! Fixed it but still weak spark!

is the plug gapped correctly? It usually is from the package but it never hurts to check.

Try taking a long piece of wire and stripping the ends. Wrap one end around the spark plug threads and hook the other end to a good ground on the frame. I know this sounds odd but I have seen motor mounts get corroded and not ground the motor to the frame well. The plug does ground Threw the motor.