washers in my oil?

falandys1002

Oct 4, 2009
mass
ok, i know this isnt a warrior forum but you guys are more help than any other forum. i stupidly rode my warrior with the oil that it had in it when i bought it, it has been sitting for a while and i decided to take it into shop to work on it. i took out the oil drain plug and 2 washers fell out. does anybody have any idea where they could have come from? any suggestions would be great

hmm, you got me on that one man?! doesn't even make sense to me why they would be in the oil. has it been running bad or noticed a knock or anything? you tried asking for help on yfm350.com?

it sounds fine when its running its really werid my friend said it might be from the starter gear? im not sure im completely confused

i have never had to take the starter off mine so i couldn't tell you. i would probably pull that clutch cover off and inspect things a bit.

iv had mine off bfore but i dont remember any washers thats y im confused. but thats the only place that i can think of that would send them into the crank case

the quad is at my school at the moment but the outside diameter was about the sixe of a quarter not sure about the inside diameter . . . if that helps

One thing you have to remember that it is a 4 stroke and the oil runs thru the entire motor. So it could be from any where in the motor. There are a lot of bolts and washers in a 4stroke motor, small ones at that too. Could be cam bolt washers cam chain tensioner and so on.
Best of luck finding out where they came from....

Keep us posted..

That sounds pritty big to come out tru the drain hole, are you sure that it is not the sealing washer on the plug? They might have just been stuck to the cases.

Last edited:
That sounds pritty big to come out tru the drain hole, are you sure that it is not the sealing washer on the plug? They might have just been stuck to the cases.

thats what i was thinking, cuz i really doubt the drain hole is bigger than a quarter. It was probably stuck to the cases then the oil lubed it and it fell. Besides, a washer that big running lose woulda gotten something stuck or blown your engine. Or it simply wouldnt hve gotten out in 1 piece.

i agree with you guys sound like a crush washer for the drain plug and there so way in hell u are ganna get some thing that big threw a drain hole of a bike. check the washer to see if its soft metal like alum or copper if it is than its the crush washer for the drain plug- also if your dike leaks oil from around your drain plug than that a nother good sign that its a cruch washer. hope this helps

the drain plug on a warrior is alot different from a blasters. its not a bolt its like a cup the drain hole is quite large actually

the drain plug on a warrior is alot different from a blasters. its not a bolt its like a cup the drain hole is quite large actually

larger than a quarter???? i doubt it. The previous owned could have still put it there to make sure it doesnt leak. I mean we are talking here about something as big as a QUARTER moving freely IN the transmission and coming out untouched. it just wont happen.

so u mean yours looks like this one
Bqsm1QCGkKGrHqQOKkYEuBR54KwBLwhyL0b.jpg

then yes the hole is ganna be biger so i could see it being possible now it has been like 7 years since i have owned one.

Oh s**t that's right warriors have the big cup with spring and strainer under it shoot some pics let me see the washers maybee can identify. Been inside a few, but forgot that they had that big plug