Warrior guys I need some helP

i had a backfiring problem with my warrior. i knew it backfired and i rode it anyways cause i didnt feel like playing with the carb. i had a uni foam filter on the back of the carb and one day i was riding down the river by my house and i pulled in the clutch, downshifted, the the quad backfired and caught the filter on fire. i saw smoke and jumped off it to find my filter on fire. it melted my seat and part of my tank. i didnt have anything with me so i turned my gas off and pulled the filter off by hand. big mistake. filter melted to my hand and burnt my hand. never rode it again. i am now doing a raptor 350 motor swap

Trial and error is what it takes when you modify anything from stock :D
Two smoke or four poke, if the plug is white you are lean. You can melt a Warroir down just as easy as a Blasturd. Be sure there are no air leaks in exhaust. Have you cleaned the carb? Try running with the lid or choke half on , if it improves you're lean. I:I

check your intake boot make sure it isnt cracked. if its not that its back to the trial and error method. good luck

Couple more things come to mind. Adjust the valves and cam chain. Might need to clean carb with a soak, paying close attention to be sure air will blow thru ALL passages and jets . Also seems there's a mod to do on accelerator pump, different spring I think.

Have you tried it with pulling choke halfway out at point of bog or backfire? Search that forum looking for set-up simular for jetting. I:I

That noise is probably your cam chain. I think they also wear out the cam chain guides. Have you adjusted cam chain yet? Either get a Clymers or find a download manual.
Also, when was the last time you changed the oil in it? Very important on 4 pokes as the cam just runs in the head with no bearings. Change oil filter also.

Cool on the manual I:I Check out cam chain adjustment, that MIGHT make noise go away. When it's loose it slaps around in there and maybe if guide are also worn it could make metal to metal contact. It will also affect performance. X(

My old fart brain is thinking of two different OHC 4strokes at the same time :D. Might have been thinking of son's CBR on replaceable cam chain guide, but they both have chain adjustment. I don't know if they have a bypass on oil filter if it gets plugged, reason I asked when oil and filter was last changed. I:I

vavles are set tight, wat about the timing. my buddy had one that backfired like that and it was just stretched and jumped alil off. since he did that it was fine.