Want to change my clutches

blasterd

Mar 29, 2008
Northwest Pennsylvania
Ok, I know this is something someone here has done before so I should at least get one reply(maybe). I need to change my clutches in my 91 blaster. Can anyone suggest a link or somewhere to get info like a step by step format so I don't make any dumb mistakes.
I tried to do a search, but honestly I've never gotten anywhere with the search feature on this site. It ends up being a battle back and forth with me trying to satisfy the 'search god' for words he will accept.
Thanks for any help.

"it will be in the center of the pressure plate. screw it in till it stops maybe let it off just a hair and tighten the nut...."

Is that a basic adjustment step for what you are talking about xxxxfloodedxxxx?

close to it... you must get the tab on ur shift shaft centered/facing the notch in your case....do this by adjusting in all the cable slack at the lever. next if you can get the tab close but not quite.. pull in the lever to get it exact.. have a helper do this so that you can adjust the nut and screw at the pressure plate. tighten it just to the point you feel resistance. (this is the rods beginning to touch each other inside cases) then tighten the lock nut and see how it feels at the lever. you should have just a little bit of lever play before the clutch engages.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to print it out and take it with me when I do my clutches. I'm sure it will make a little more sense once I'm looking at the parts you're talking about. Thanks again.