vitos pistons

I read it and I would not buy them. I don't the the idea of them cutting on the piston. I feel it could weaken the piston. I would rather get the jug potted then to run a hacked on piston with what I feel has a BS HP claim.

I just put a vito's superstock forged piston wth the jk200 jet kit tht it calls for it runs fine to me but this is my first blaster & im not done the the break in yet so it may have a little bit more thn..but for the price it cool wth me....oh yeah for a 67.5mm i paid $109 plus shipping.

1. Pistons are made by wiesco to Vito specs
2.Rings are further from crown to allow "cut" on piston
3.Allows ex to open sooner
4.Not the same as raising ex port, you don't have same time/area values or ex open degrees of crank.
5. Don't know if it adds as much hp as claimed.

1. Pistons are made by wiesco to Vito specs
2.Rings are further from crown to allow "cut" on piston
3.Allows ex to open sooner
4.Not the same as raising ex port, you don't have same time/area values or ex open degrees of crank.
5. Don't know if it adds as much hp as claimed.

so would these be a good choice for my banshee, since they are made by wiseco?

I run a vitos cast piston in my 240BBK (72.5mm) with no issues.

Personally id get it dialed in since jetting is everything and rock that kit!

If your jetting is on and the motors dialed in you could run an oem cast piston.Yes forged are better in the sense theyre more durable and forgiving but cast on a well tuned engine is nothing to fear.

In this case those are forged so imo youre good to go.

Get it build it and enjoy it!!!!

I read it and I would not buy them. I don't the the idea of them cutting on the piston. I feel it could weaken the piston. I would rather get the jug potted then to run a hacked on piston with what I feel has a BS HP claim.

Eh, gotta be straight with ya guy, ya made your opinion sound a lil arrogant. The piston is designed so that it still has enough meat in critical areas. I really wouldn't expect a huge hp gain over a typical Wiseco but I get the idea of clearing the exhaust port to allow the full duration of the stock port to be opened & maybe even add a lil duration. Either way ^ don't see a problem with the piston's construction & Vito's has it reasonably priced. These cats have been around for a while, I'd have no issues running one. It's not likely that under a lean condition that it's gonna pop in that area anyway. Yeah, something could happen to where the thing detonate & possibly lifts a ring land but the machined clearancing for the exhaust isn't gonna be the problem.

I run a vitos cast piston in my 240BBK (72.5mm) with no issues.

Personally id get it dialed in since jetting is everything and rock that kit!

If your jetting is on and the motors dialed in you could run an oem cast piston.Yes forged are better in the sense theyre more durable and forgiving but cast on a well tuned engine is nothing to fear.

In this case those are forged so imo youre good to go.

Get it build it and enjoy it!!!!

making things pretty and riding are 2 different things.....:D

Those vitos super stocks are weisco's and are perfect for an unported motor..

+1

Most of what I read on this forum about the Vito SS piston is misinformation.

Vito's SS piston is forged not cast, they say on their site that they are made by wiseco. I assume they know who makes the piston they sell.

It is hard to give the negative opinions any value when they can't even get the basic information right.

May be old school, but cutting the piston on a two stroke used to be a very common "porting" tactic.