Vito's dual stage reeds?

I ran them for a while before I got my replacement v-force 3's from Moto Tassinari and they were definately an improvement over stock ! As mentioned before, when you compare performance and price between the vito's carbon reeds and stock/o.e.m. its a no brainer in my opinion.

I bought them when i rebuilt my top end on my old blasty. i only rode it once or twice but i thought they were better than stock.

Some people buy dual stage reeds with the hope that they will get increased power.

Sadly this is not the case, however there will be a crisper throttle response, which may give the impression of extra power.

And my fuel consumption was almost cut in half with dual stage reeds,i bought the boysens tho,i like the way dual stage run better than stockers for sure.I don't think there would be a huge difference in the vito's to the boysens,both dual stage.At first it was weaker,they broke in quickly and i think they are and improvement over stock for sure!!

And my fuel consumption was almost cut in half with dual stage reeds,i bought the boysens tho,i like the way dual stage run better than stockers for sure.I don't think there would be a huge difference in the vito's to the boysens,both dual stage.At first it was weaker,they broke in quickly and i think they are and improvement over stock for sure!!

Did you make any other mods when you fitted the dual stage?

I can see no reason why fuel consumption should have changed just by changing the type of reeds.

Reactions: HillBillyES
Took the snorkel off and put larger main jet in it,trail riding with dual stage creates more velocity as just the smaller flaps open,making it use fuel more efficiantly i think,idk,but they did make a difference.
More air flow with larger single stage reeds = more fuel flowing thru also.makes sense to me.

Reeds do not increase breathing, only makes it happen more responsivly.

The same amount of air passes over the jets causing the same amount of fuel to be drawn.

By taking off the snorkel and increasing the main jet, it should have increased your fuel consumption, as more fuel will be drawn because of increased air flow.

Reeds are a fun area to study... Using resonate frequency's can make a bike more efficient at a given RPM. Using less gas for the same power.

Reed hang - when a reed is open causes air/gas to blow back into the carb. Bad sealing reeds and reeds that can’t respond fast enough cause this. Your bike can appear to run rich when this happens. Gas is blown back into the carb when reeds are open. The next intake pulse pulls that gas and more gas from the carb.
Quality reeds (boysen) respond quicker, this helps eliminate the reed hang. Makes your bike more efficient. I recall boysen reeds coming with a little note stating your bike may run richer with them.

I experienced this issue when I forced blaster reeds into my YT175 3 wheeler. The boysen petals where worn out. I had a 240 jet trying to get it to run right. I couldn't!! I pulled my filter and saw gas literally blowing back out of the carb. My hand got wet 5 inches away from that thing! I pulled the reeds, heated them up (fiber glass), flipped them upside down and they sealed much better. I dropped my main jet down to a 190.

Quality reeds make a difference, more efficient. If you want high RPM performance, you need to look at reed tuning. Find your target RPM, do some math and find/make some petals that vibrate at that resonate, or has a harmonic at that frequency. My recommendation, use CR125 reeds, they are proven at 11k RPM... Your good lol
I can't locate the formulas for it... But I want to say it was 33% or 66% higher than the resonate frequency that was best.

As a side note... Here ya go:)

http://www.hiperf.com/acatalog/instructionsboyesen.pdf
http://www.boyesen.com/news_detail.php?id=21

Are vitos dual stage carbon supposed to look like this on one side? or did i just received a defective one?
forum.jpg